BMW K1200S

1127 TO 1299

Registered
Of course, we all knew that

but this article (in french), article

it says that the guy went up to 270 km/h (167.8 MPH) and he probably could have gone to 280 km/h (174 MPH)

and that is probably speedo indicated.

Nothing knew here, BUSA is still KING of speed

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093897647 -->

sport rider did a test and they said the bmw was faster in a 6th gear roll on from 100kmph to 160kmph

From "SportBike Rider" 2004 comparing the Honda Blackbird, Suzuki Hayabusa, and BMW K 1200 All where the 2004 models.

Yeah, but just how fast are they?
If you got the three bikes together for a top-gear throttle roll-on from 100mph, what would your prediction be? C’mon, be honest. Mine was long-stroke Bimm to 130-140mph, Blackbird and Hayabusa close behind, then Hayabusa and daylight second from around 160. We were in for a surprise. All three bikes run around 3400rpm at 100mph in top, with the Nippon bikes running higher redlines.

The Bimm walked away by four bike lengths at 100, then the other two held it. Then the Blackbird leapt ahead at 130, smoking the Bimm and gaining six bike lengths on the Suzuki. Finally, at 200mph, the Hayabusa pulled back the gap, after that we ran out of tarmac, accepted the Bimm as top-end king and went and had a good lie down!

That tells me two things. The first is that the BMW is not to be messed with when there’s a good rider on board. Number two is this whole horsepower race is essentially meaningless, but a good excuse to stick your head under the paint, nail the throttle, and see whose toy is quicker.

i dont know if i believe it

again, it's when i race one in person that i<ll believe it.

put me next to another stock busa and i'll win cuz i'm a better rider.

biggrin.gif

Back