blinking lines on lcd odometer

scorpionreptyle

Registered
Hello guys! Few days ago i encountered a problem with my `99 busa. I decided to remove the TRE installed by myself half a year ago. Everything was perfectly fine in removing and assembling of the TRE and original OEM GPS harness,but after I start the bike, 2nd LCD where total mileage,trips meters and consumption meters are, it shows just "dashes" blinking all the time. when I press the select buton it cycle between options,but shows only lines,more or less,depending on what I select ( total mileage = more lines "-----------" ,first and second trip meters show less lines "-----" and fuel consumption option just three lines "---" ,all blinking. After I put her on rear stand and cycle through gears speed clock is not working. All others are working fine,at startup ,check test is showing everything normal. I don't know what is happening,i triple check the harness of gps where I work at and nothing;i even put back the TRE,and still nothing. Checked the speedo sensor harness and looked ok. Before I remove the TRE and put back original OEM GPS I started the bike and everything worked....I`m very confused. Please help me solve it ,I`ll appreciate!!!!! Sorry for bad English!

PM gixerhp, maybe if you disconnected the battery for awhile it would straighten out. Kinda of a hard reboot. John will probably know what you need to do.

There's also a reset on the cluster. Never done it, don't know how or what it corrects but I'm pretty sure it's in the manual. 10 seconds disconnected should do it.

combination is : select button pressed------switch contact on--wait for 3~5 sec----release select button and then press it twice (all the procedure must be done in under 10 sec)
I discovered last night in the manual,but I`m not with the bike for now,tomorrow I will try all options remained/learned :(
All I want to hear is this have nothing to do with my ECU....everything else is fixable (for me and my point of view)

Yes I have had to replace guys cluster cause of same issue... I have clusters in stock if you can't fix it. the shock of the ballast surges system and pops cluster

Yes I have had to replace guys cluster cause of same issue... I have clusters in stock if you can't fix it. the shock of the ballast surges system and pops cluster
Daniel if you know an electronic guy you might have more good clusters than you realize :poke:

I let her stay over night without battery,checked all the wires and connections,tested speed sensor on a HUD and worked fine. Everything is fine,except my clusters. They are the problem,i have to open them and find fried diodes/circuits . Cause = intermittent contact in HID ballasts. ....my thoughts!

HIDs ??? :laugh: Unplug the ballast and see if it's a fix. I don't know if anyone has fried a cluster with HIDs, but there has been issues with either RF interference from the ballast or a voltage drop issue. Some members have relocated the ballast and fixed their issues and some have wired power for the ballast directly from the battery. It might not be the HIDs. I'd drop the ballast (s) first to see if that fixed it.

speedo and odo LCD are of no use,everything else works normal. i`ve unpluged both hid ballasts and nothing. Speedo sensor is working,i hook up a HUD to it and is working. I will try with an electronist to see if something "light" his eye on mainboard. :(

Back