Left turn signal issue

impaladre

Registered
Trying to figure out why it's not working (2000 busa) the right side blinks front and back, but the does nothing in front and back, i got new bulbs, i'm getting voltage to the plugs, it's not the harness because i checked for continuity. Everything else electrical is working fine, could it be a faulty signal relay? If so, how could i check the relay to find out if it is or not?

I would start with the turn signal switch. The contacts may not be making contact or they are corroded and just need to be cleaned. It could also be that the wire to the signal switch for the left side has broken off. You say you're getting voltage to the plugs. If that's the case then at the very least, the bulbs should light. Maybe you lost a ground connection? It could also be the flasher as you suggested.

I would start with the turn signal switch. The contacts may not be making contact or they are corroded and just need to be cleaned. It could also be that the wire to the signal switch for the left side has broken off. You say you're getting voltage to the plugs. If that's the case then at the very least, the bulbs should light. Maybe you lost a ground connection? It could also be the flasher as you suggested.

My mistake i'm not getting voltage to the left bulb socket, but i am getting voltage to the relay

Thanks socal, the wire inside the switch handle was broken, got it working now

Back