Bleeding the front ABS Brembo brakes on my 2013 Hayabusa

rockingrod

Registered
Hi. I recently had he front wheel off my Hayabusa for several months after a crash, and upon reassembly the front brakes are spongy and need to be bled? I have looked at both front calipers and cannot see a bleed nipple? However, I found this forum, and read on one post that he bleed nipples face inside the calliper, and hat a special toll is needed to do the job, or the front wheel needs to be removed and a spacer put between the callipers to stop them closing up? Is this correct, and am I better off taking the bike to my local dealer?

This question is very interesting! I am trying to use 2008 brake set up on a 2017 model. I dont know the answer to your question, but will predict that more riders are thinking the same thing every time they use the abs. I am not sure how to eliminate the abs, but noted tha the abs has its own fuse electrically. I am thinking about trying the bike with the fuse out. I will buy a whole different brake system if needed.

Recently was going to fast when a car hit the brakes in front of me
I hit mine hard. Front and back. Missed the rear bumper by about a foot
Not sure if my 50 years of experience was to the credit or the ABS. But I did not skid and the bike stopped under very heavy breaking. If it was the ABS I like it
Can't help with your bleeding issue. Sorry

Back