Black Edition tail mod

Lost year.

Now almost one year later I'am getting it all a little on track.

I did buy the new one (over buget) with fairing damage on the right side (top fairing and the two side screens). Now one year later I have it all the new parts laying here waiting to put it on. In the buying mode I also bought a full Akrapovic with 2 mufflers (S-S13R2-RC). Nothing installed yet because I want to put it all together in one day's work and also because I'am stll missing 1 or 2 pieces.

20140330_170656Large.jpg

All I want to say that's it's now one year later and hoping to finish the bike before the good weather is coming in about a few months :laugh:
This year was a lost year. :unhappy: Doing it al for the sake of a having a better bike. Driving and buying was not something I could combine (money issue) so I had to make a choise. Choise was to drive a little so I could buy every month a little part.

Here it is now cold weather so the bike is not driven for a few months. A few months to get the little pieces what I'am missing.

On the day that the fairing goes on and the full exhaust at the same time 12v USB will be mounted and also a new air intake filter and alternator cover.

On the list what I stll want before summer is:
TomnTom Navigation screen (same as my old one).
T-Rex frame sliders.
Lowering the front and back.

And if everything is on the bike the bike wil go to a performance centre to tune the ECU.

Never heard from my old bike again. Disapeared from the face of earth.

does the gen II subframe just bolt right up to the gen I and vice versa?

Yes. Direct bolt on. You have to tap threads into the front seat bolt holes for the gen2 seat bolts. Also one I did was easier to put the rectifier on the right side of the subframe.

Can anyone offer any information on the tank pad that is shown in the original post of this thread? I have been looking for something like this for a very long time with no luck.

The brand of the tankpad is Oxford.

Speedlink, do you by any chance have a link to purchase? Some searching for "Oxford Spine tank pad" has turned up many results, but all of them are for the gel/puffy sticker type of pad; not the thick rubber type seen in the photos. :beerchug:

Speedlink, do you by any chance have a link to purchase? Some searching for "Oxford Spine tank pad" has turned up many results, but all of them are for the gel/puffy sticker type of pad; not the thick rubber type seen in the photos. :beerchug:

No I don't know that because it was on the bike when I bought it. I believe I have the one we are talking about still laying here somewhere in my garage. If you want maybe I can post it to you. The only thing you must do is put some kind of glue on it to stick. You can get the tankpad for free. The only thing I must know if you want it and where you live so I can see what posting will cost.

I you want you can send me a pm

Back