Black Chrome???

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Was thinkin of gettin wheels black chromed. I've looked it up online but theres so many differing examples, I wasn't able to find any black chromed moto wheels

just went out and tried but they didnt take well. I will try to get some tomorrow if she is home at lunch. I think wheels would look great.

I've heard it's more expensive. Is it true
beerchug.gif

Google Black Chrome I have seen plenty of it, but photographing it could be a hassle. I like the look (Busa bash pins are black chromed)

I think my Midnite special had black chrome on it..

I like black chrome better than the bright, just cause I'm too lazy to keep it clean + you don't see any others around. I'd like to do mine someday, but like you said... it's hard to find someone to do it.

If anyone knows a place that does black chrome, post up
beerchug.gif

I just did a Google search, and this came up. they say they can do it anywhere from dull to shiny.
They are located in Chicago.
Jim
I tried to put in a link, but it didn't work.

Just put "Black Chrome" into the search window. A lot of stuff came up

I contacted Sport Chrome about black chroming. They said it was no more expensive than regular chroming, all they do is add a black dye to the chrome.

by that knowledge it would be assumable(is that a word?) that you could vary the "darkness" of the chrome then

thumb_down.gif
man be carfeul.  I was going to get my whole bike done in black chrome.  i looked at the colts bike he was doing in blue chrome (harley) and he was having quite a bit of trouble getting it to take. so I did a little more research and everyone is having trouble with the colored chrome, and if they do get it to work it doesn't last to long before it starts to peal.

I seen a Harley in black chrome and it sure is sharp looking. I imagine pics wouldn't due it justice. I must see in person kinda thing.

Black chrome is just like any other colored chrome. Add some die to the Chrome then gtg.

I too have heard of problems getting it to stick, found a place up in NY that claims they have a process to get it solid but not sure about them, they seem to be more industrial than commerical.

I know Hooken has some candy wheels, he said they have been redone a few times because it flaked where oil/crap was under it I believe it was.

I'm considering powder coating then color chrome over it, think thats what Vic said works best
beerchug.gif

Someone on here had just cleared their chrome with a candy blue mix in the clear. That should work with a black in the clear to = black chrome?

not sure if you will be able to tell anything from these pics or not but here goes, i will post a few i took today. The color of the car is black metalic safire, its a bmw color from a few years back.

2008_4RUNNER_005__Small_.jpg

Back