Bitchin' helmet

busafish

Registered
#### this helmet matches my o5 busa perfectly. I want it so bad.
sam4.jpg

sam3.jpg

link to original forum:http://www.1000rr.net/vb....t206559

anyone wanna loan me a grand?
smile.gif

I really, really... REALLY need to break out the airbrush stuff and do some lids. Been thinkin' about doin' a few and tryin' them out on ebay... but I'm afraid I'd end up with some sweet lids that nobody would pay the price for. By the time I bought a good model name brand lid and invested the materials and money to paint it I'd have to get a pretty good price for it to come out. Not sure the market is there... and I don't need that many custom painted lids...
biggrin.gif

And if they're gettin' $600-$1k to squirt a lid like that... well, just... damn. I honestly hope that price includes the cost of a brand new lid. Prolly don't though. I wish I lived somewhere that I could get paid for my paint skills. I really enjoy the custom stuff... Just nobody around here that is willing to pay what the good stuff is worth. Everyone wants show quality for Earl Shieb prices...

I really, really... REALLY need to break out the airbrush stuff and do some lids. Been thinkin' about doin' a few and tryin' them out on ebay... but I'm afraid I'd end up with some sweet lids that nobody would pay the price for. By the time I bought a good model name brand lid and invested the materials and money to paint it I'd have to get a pretty good price for it to come out. Not sure the market is there... and I don't need that many custom painted lids...
biggrin.gif

And if they're gettin' $600-$1k to squirt a lid like that... well, just... damn. I honestly hope that price includes the cost of a brand new lid. Prolly don't though. I wish I lived somewhere that I could get paid for my paint skills. I really enjoy the custom stuff... Just nobody around here that is willing to pay what the good stuff is worth. Everyone wants show quality for Earl Shieb prices...
Bullet, you've got a semi-captive audience here.

Toss a few of your past works up here and let's see what you've got. With winter upon (most of) us, I'm sure board members would be willing to pay for the spray and send you their bucket.

It lowers your costs, removes most of the risk, it's win / win, and expands your portfolio for future biz.

We're not riding, paint our sh!d... err lid!

biggrin.gif

Bullet, you've got a semi-captive audience here.

Toss a few of your past works up here and let's see what you've got.  With winter upon (most of) us, I'm sure board members would be willing to pay for the spray and send you their bucket.

It lowers your costs, removes most of the risk, it's win / win, and expands your portfolio for future biz.  

We're not riding, paint our sh!d... err lid!
+1 here.

I was going to suggest you just do one and see what happens but I like HT's suggestion much better.

Show us your stuff and let your customers tell you what they're willing to do. #1 rule of marketing: ASK your customers what they want and what they will do. You might not like what they say but you'll KNOW the answers to your questions.

Sometimes, I wish Suzuki would do more of this but . . . .

--Wag--

I know a guy who started out in the sign biz and just announced that he's getting out of signs and going full bore into custom painted helmets. His work is top notch.

Here's a link to some of his work.

Indocil Art

Quality work will always be in demand and there are people out there willing to pay for it.

I know a guy who started out in the sign biz and just announced that he's getting out of signs and going full bore into custom painted helmets. His work is top notch.

Here's a link to some of his work.

Indocil Art

Quality work will always be in demand and there are people out there willing to pay for it.
Nice work! However, BT being a board member will get my business should he decide to give it a run this winter.

dont take offense but i thoughtit was kind of funny(i dig your lid), she asked if it was supposed to resmble the red power ranger....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back