bike wont start

tybusa

Registered
i went out to start the bike and it made a clack clack sound when i hit the start button. then the starter stopped engaging it just wined and would not engage to start the motor.
banghead.gif
what is wrong with my baby.

i went out to start the bike and it made a clack clack sound when i hit the start button. then the starter stopped engaging it just wined and would not engage to start the motor.  
banghead.gif
what is wrong with my baby.
Try charging your battery/or put a new one in it.At best a battery will last 3 years if ridden regularly.If bike is not ridden often,put a battery tender on the battery & it will keep it charged up between rides.If it is not a battery problem,you probly have a starter idler gear "binding"in its housing,or a bad starter clutch gear assy.

Check the battery. I had a Virago with the same symptoms. I blamed the starter, but a new battery fixed it right up.

Go with the simple fix first (battery) and troubleshoot from there..

my bike is a 01 and thanks ill try charging the battery and see if that is the problem. and go from there thanks for the help.

If it is not the battery pop the gas tank and pull
your starter only takes about 5min

Starter clutch gone,don't play around with it as they are prone to crack cases and if it grabs and kicks back your in trouble.upgrade to new stlye starter system or install case saver while in there.It won't make it so easy to damage..

Starter clutch gone,don't play around with it as they are prone to crack cases and if it grabs and kicks back your in trouble.upgrade to new stlye starter system or install case saver while in there.It won't make it so easy to damage..
Follow this advice...better safe than sorry.
thumb_up.gif

I have the same problem,I missed school today cause my baby busa wouldn't start,All I got was an awfull clack,clack,clack sound,let me know if when you get it fixed

Back