Bike wont sart,,backfires

NoFearSpear

Stop Looking!
Donating Member
Registered
Tryed to start my 02 today,,,cranks new batt,,,but wont start,backfires,,any ideas? before i start ripping her apart,,,,,rode yesterday fine,,,big rain storm last nite, but bike was covered.

any ideas?
bump.gif
bump.gif

bump.gif

Take the obvious connectors apart and if you have one of those cans of air, spray them out. You can also use some electrical connector cleaner that evaporates real quick. We use that stuff on airplane connectors all the time to get the oil/hydro fluid out of them. I take lithium grease and put a dab in mine. Keeps the moisture out and aids in the disconnection of them the next time you have to take them apart.

Take the obvious connectors apart and if you have one of those cans of air, spray them out.  You can also use some electrical connector cleaner that evaporates real quick.  We use that stuff on airplane connectors all the time to get the oil/hydro fluid out of them.  I take lithium grease and put a dab in mine.  Keeps the moisture out and aids in the disconnection of them the next time you have to take them apart.
Will do,,,thank you
winkold.gif

ECU does not unplug that easy... not turning over like the battery is real low is it? (need at least 10.5V cranking or the electronics are going to be unhappy) Put your charger on it anyway for a bit and give it a spin

Back