Bike will not crank after a ride till it cools

mattyss

Rockin My Reflectors
Donating Member
Registered
Stopped for a break after 60 miles sunday morning when i was getting ready to leave again I pushed the starter and nothing not a crank or anything acted like the kickstand was down and in gear everything that should light did after about 30 minutes it started up again just like it did in the morning when i left when i made it home checked it again and the same thing .Im sure it here on the board someplace and i did seacrh first but couldnt come up with anything
any ideas
Thanks

Pop the gas lid open before you crank it. That happened to me at the strip a few times and was brought up here by another member. I was told it was vapor lock and opening the lid would release Busa fart.

I've done it everytime before I run and it has worked like a charm every time.

(NightCrawler @ Aug. 03 2007,12:09) Pop the gas lid open before you crank it. That happened to me at the strip a few times and was brought up here by another member. I was told it was vapor lock and opening the lid would release Busa fart.

I've done it everytime before I run and it has worked like a charm every time.
Ill try but it seems electricial like a bad switch or something

Did you check you kickstand switch?
I've seen them get stuck in the up position and a squirt of wd40 cleared the problem.

Stock batteries are weak.

I used to have the same problem. It requires more juice to start a hot bike than a cold bike.

I bought a high output battery, 235cca and have never had a problem since. Schnitz racing sells them.

Im going to give the high output battery a try see what happens it cant hurt to have even if it doesnt solve the problem
thanks

(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 03 2007,13:40) Stock batteries are weak.

I used to have the same problem.  It requires more juice to start a hot bike than a cold bike.

I bought a high output battery, 235cca and have never had a problem since.  Schnitz racing sells them.
+1

(mattyss @ Aug. 03 2007,14:04) Im going to give the high output battery a try see what happens it cant hurt to have even if it doesnt solve the problem
thanks
Get a Yuasa YTZ14s

Check with the board sponsors! I've seen some good deals on them.
wink.gif

(Professor @ Aug. 03 2007,15:25)
(mattyss @ Aug. 03 2007,14:04) Im going to give the high output battery a try see what happens it cant hurt to have even if it doesnt solve the problem
thanks
Get a Yuasa YTZ14s    

wink.gif
+1 ...this (YTZ14S) is the best battery you can put in your Busa. Don't know why they don't do it at the factory
cool.gif

(Learjett @ Aug. 04 2007,04:23)
(Professor @ Aug. 03 2007,15:25)
thanks
Get a Yuasa YTZ14s    

wink.gif
+1  ...this (YTZ14S) is the best battery you can put in your Busa.  Don't know why they don't do it at the factory  
cool.gif
+1

(mattyss @ Aug. 03 2007,09:05) Stopped for a break after 60 miles sunday morning when i was getting ready to leave again I pushed the starter and nothing not a crank or anything acted like the kickstand was down and in gear everything that should light did after about 30 minutes it started up again just like it did in the morning when i left when i made it home checked it again and the same thing .Im sure it here on the board someplace and i did seacrh first but couldnt come up with anything
any ideas
 Thanks
What year is your bike
rock.gif
If it's 3 or 4 years old and you have the stock battery...guess what...ya need a fresh battery
super.gif

(mattyss @ Aug. 03 2007,12:05) Stopped for a break after 60 miles sunday morning when i was getting ready to leave again I pushed the starter and nothing not a crank or anything acted like the kickstand was down and in gear everything that should light did after about 30 minutes it started up again just like it did in the morning when i left when i made it home checked it again and the same thing .Im sure it here on the board someplace and i did seacrh first but couldnt come up with anything
any ideas
 Thanks
It seems you are saying the starter won't kick at all, but will after it sits! Rite? A new battery would be a good investment but your problem is more likely the clutch safety switch. Next time it happens work the lever as you hold the started button down! If it bumps your there. This will happen to the bikes that get left out in the weather or washed alot! A shot of WD40 in the little hole on the switch will fix it in most cases, but a new one can be installed in no time and is about $14.00. This happened to me on my bandit and has to alot of fellow ridin buds.
wink.gif

Hey guys. I have an 06' LE busa. I have the same problem. My bike keeps running hot, and then when I turn it off. It wont immediately crank either. It either sounds like it wont turn over, or it wont do anything at all. After about 10 minutes of cooling down, it will finally turn over and crank. I am having a toggle switch put on today to manually control the fan, to make it cool when I am sitting still. But, they cant figure out why it keeps overheating. They have put the stuff in it to make it supposedly run 40degrees cooler, but here in Wilming, NC, that doesnt do much when the heat index is 110degrees.
But I am tired of the damn thing not running right. Any suggestions?
Thanks guys,
Mark

Hey Mark, I'm in South Carolina and have a similar issue with my 2k. I switched over to the engine ice which is supposed to make it run cooler but in town the fan spends a lot of time on. If my fan is on when I stop riding I leave the ignition switch on with the motor off until the fan cuts off. It would be nice to have the switch installed like you are talking about to ease the battery usage. Let me know how yours works out. Plus I have heard a few guy's talk about a muzzy fan mod which uses two fans. Can someone tell where this can be found. It's a mod I would like to do myself.

(Professor @ Aug. 03 2007,12:25)
thanks
Get a Yuasa YTZ14s    

wink.gif
How many amps?

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 15 2007,07:08)
thanks
Get a Yuasa YTZ14s    

wink.gif
How many amps?
The stock 12 series battery 175 CCA...the 14 has 235 CCA
muscle.gif

CCA = Cold Cranking Amps

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 15 2007,12:46)
(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 15 2007,07:08)
thanks
Get a Yuasa YTZ14s    

wink.gif
How many amps?
The stock 12 series battery 175 CCA...the 14 has 235 CCA  
muscle.gif

CCA = Cold Cranking Amps
CCA= Cold cranking amps DUH!
zzwhip.gif

Back