Bike Wash

SIZZA

Registered
Got a 2011 Pearl Mirage White w/Gold trim........I would like to know the best wash solution, rag or materials to keep my ride spotless as possible.....:laugh:

No chrome....my baby will remain stock.....thinkin' different. I like custom though.

Thanks

Sizza

I have never taken a water hose to any of my bikes. I used to use Honda Polish and now use Pledge. I wipe her down after every ride, wipe the wheels with WD-40 and she is good to go, and clean.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: Nothing to add for cleaning. Might as well keep it stock, it is white :laugh:

Oh, I was so disappointed when I saw James was the last to post. I figured he had deleted the good pix already; then I opened the thread :banghead:

The Busa is one resilient machine hose her down if you wish, hell I do, especially after being caught in the rain. I also use water displacement 40 on the wheels works great

Mild soap and water followed by pledge for shine.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I use Pledge with microfiber cloth after each ride. Once a month I will wax her with Zymol with a water mist and wipe off with micro fiber cloth.
I will use a heavy type of cloth such as terry for chain cleaning.

Pledge is awesome on everything!! I am also having the same results with Dollar Generals brand, DG which cost a dollar a can and comes in orange scent,, not much into the Lemon like them black colored busa owners guess they are OK with em smelling like lemons since they are.:laugh:

I use Pledge with microfiber cloth after each ride. Once a month I will wax her with Zymol with a water mist and wipe off with micro fiber cloth.
I will use a heavy type of cloth such as terry for chain cleaning.

Pledge is awesome on everything!! I am also having the same results with Dollar Generals brand, DG which cost a dollar a can and comes in orange scent,, not much into the Lemon like them black colored busa owners guess they are OK with em smelling like lemons since they are.:laugh:

Unscented on this black Busa TY :laugh:

I rarely clean it though. It's too fast for dirt and bugs :poke:

I take mine to Sturgis and go the the bike wash! But Pledge works good too!

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

Don't let it get too dirty to begin with (ie don't ride in the wet or bad weather) and then use Honda spray polish with a micro fiber towel every other ride or so. Spray it on and wipe it off. Cleans and polishes in one easy step. Got an 08 and it's never seen a hose yet and looks like new. Pledge works almost as well too and I use that on my bass boat but I like the Honda spray polish better for the bike.

pledge just good as most others and usually much cheaper. Former Honda polish man here never again going to buy Honda polish:thumbsup:

Back