bike stolen

Registered
hi there myy bike got nicked from under the house . i live in sharjah in the united arab emirates. the funniest bit is that it got nicked when it was only 500kms done and on the 1st day of ramadan. anyway waited for 6 months for the insurance thankfully had done full insurance with axa and they paid after te cops could not trace the bike for 6 months. now that i learned that the bike could be just picked up im thinking this time around locking to the floors and alarms. any ideas appreciate ideas

So you got the insurance money AND they found your bike afterwards?

nope the bike was not found apparently there were 20 bikes which got stolen within 3 days from various parts of dubai. this was last year in september

I don't think they make anything that stops a thief, just aggravates the shid out of them.
beerchug.gif

They make alarms that page or call ya, with proximity alarms. Chain a pit bull under the house with it. Don't know.
rock.gif

Welcome - sorry to hear that your bike got taken - it is unfortunate - but almost nothing that you could do will keep someone from taking it if they really want it - the best is insurance, if available.

RoadLoK is not a bad way to go, but again, if they want your scoot, they will get it - most things will just be a deterrent.

666 Get your self a RoadLok and a Good alarm system ie Scorpio or gorilla. Click the link below my signature to go to the RoadLok site.

RoadLok is the single best theft deterrent (a.k.a. a lock ) on the market.

Its different in the fact that the lock housing is mounted to the swing arm in place of the rear brake hanger and the lock itself is smaller than most key chains and can be easily carried in your pocket.

Once the bike is locked there is no movement, unlike other locks that allow the bike to roll. This means there is no risk of forgetting about it an damaging a rotor AND if you park your bike in a tough spot for someone to pick it up they cannot move it.

The RoadLoK is guaranteed not to be disabled by freezing, picking, or drilling.

There is a very small unnoticeable weight difference and they come in finishes that match any bike from bling to zing.

Ask to speak with Daryl and tell him Adam from Texas sent ya he will get you taken care of brother.

I have a friend in Dubai,his busa was stolen about the same time.I live in Alain.

And another eharmony moment on the .org!
beerchug.gif
Good on you for reaching out Paul.

(dadofthree @ Jun. 08 2007,14:10) I don't think they make anything that stops a thief, just aggravates the shid out of them.  
beerchug.gif
sure they do ...

GLK195013.gif

Back