Bike sell question

shade

Registered
Hey All,

I have a bike I'm selling to someone overseas..
All legit the person has been on the same forums for years so I think the risk is low. My biggest question is payment. The safest for me I assume is a wire transfer into my bank. Thoughts?

The person also needs the bike crated. Something a dealership can do?

Hey All,

I have a bike I'm selling to someone overseas..
All legit the person has been on the same forums for years so I think the risk is low. My biggest question is payment. The safest for me I assume is a wire transfer into my bank. Thoughts?

The person also needs the bike crated. Something a dealership can do?

I can't comment on shipping, but for something like that, I'd only go PayPal. Keep my bank account completely separate from any dealings.

Just go to a Dealership and ask them for a new bike crate, suitable size of course, they will be happy to give you one, they just throw them in the tip anyways.
Then just crate it yourself, easy peasy.
Good luck with the sale.

I've done wires before, the largest amount was $30,000 from EU. Had no issues providing banking info to my buyer and $$$ went into my business account. It was a pain and expensive. And I've always wired Switzerland $30,000, no issues. Had to go to my bank and fill out some paperwork as it was such a large amount of money. I felt it was the safest with such a large amount of money. I pay PayPal 3% on everything, so you may not want to pay their fees. If your buyer is comfortable wiring you the funds, that's safest for you IMO.

Back