Bike dies on hard acceleration at high rpm

FanaticalKilla

Registered
I went to leave town tonight got out on the highway and hit 1rst, 2nd and 3rd gear pulling through and was around 9200 rpm and the bike basically just fell flat on its face. Underneath 9000 rpm the bike screams as it should?

Drop your fuel pump out, check the pickup screen to see if it's all clogged up. My 06 did precisely what you describe. Fairly easy job, and the O-ring is reusable, so it's a freebie.

Drop your fuel pump out, check the pickup screen to see if it's all clogged up. My 06 did precisely what you describe. Fairly easy job, and the O-ring is reusable, so it's a freebie.

Pulled the pump apart the other day and found a ton of crap around the bottom. I bet this was my issue. Just waiting for a thermostat and I'll get to try it out again.

Well over the past couple rides two times it's died in sixth gear. Driving at about 4500-5000 rpm. It's getting parked right away so it's not a big deal. I think the fuel pump is caving. But who knows no fi light.

Yep set at about 1200. Will a fuel pump quit and then restart that fast that I can drop a gear and it will come back? Also checked today battery connections are tight and it is charging at idle and at 4000 rpm.

Pulled the pump apart the other day and found a ton of crap around the bottom. I bet this was my issue. Just waiting for a thermostat and I'll get to try it out again.

i changed my fuel pressure regulator an my busa falls on its face at 9000 rpm. did u ever fix ur issue?

If you do a quick search you can find many threads on this subject. Most likely your fuel filter is clogged and needs to be replaced.

If you do a quick search you can find many threads on this subject. Most likely your fuel filter is clogged and needs to be replaced.

ive searched it vigorously but no one came up with the eureka moment. so u think the fuel filter? if the fuel filter is bad, wouldnt it cough between idle an 8000? my prob is it hits rev limiter (or what ever it is)every gear at 9000 exactly...

Back