Big Guy Need More Power

Yaqoob Yunis

Registered
Hello

Hi there I have a hayabusa 2015 it has lowring links and bazzaz shifter. Im into drag racing. But i have a problem with my weight im 122 kg thats about 270 pounds. What mods do you think well make up with my weight.

And dont tell me to lose weight:thumbsup:.

Thank you

The easy answer is boost. Also more seat time. What kind of times are you running now? We have several big guys putting down good times on stock bikes.

Whats your budget.

This is the better question to ask first.

Before we ask you to just save a little coin & call 1 ( 800 ) 94 - Jenny . . .

home-hero-slider-20for20.jpg

Honestly losing weight is the most cost efficient mod you can do..... I know you don't wanna hear it but that's the truth. You can shed pounds or you can shed weight off your bike and that is VERY expensive! @ the end of the day put you with your skills vs a 30lb lighter version of you on the same bike and you know how that's gonna end :race:

Here's and idea of the cost of some parts to lighten up your Busa significantly.....

BST carbon fiber rims $6k
Brock's CT titanium 2-1 exhaust $2k
Aluminum racing swingarm $1k+
Lithium Battery $150
Full titanium bolt kit $1k
Aluminum rear sets $400

+3, 46 teeth rear sprocket
Or, -1 front, 17 teeth
Or both
Better use of available power lower in the rpms, will get you going a little quicker and easier.

Honestly losing weight is the most cost efficient mod you can do..... I know you don't wanna hear it but that's the truth. You can shed pounds or you can shed weight off your bike and that is VERY expensive! @ the end of the day put you with your skills vs a 30lb lighter version of you on the same bike and you know how that's gonna end :race:

Here's and idea of the cost of some parts to lighten up your Busa significantly.....

Lithium Battery $150
Aluminum rear sets $400
:bowdown:

If you change sprockets, a Speedohealer is recommended.
It will make your speedometer accurate with any sprockets or tire sizes.
The speedometer is off from the factory around 7% anyway, so a Speedohealer is a good idea either way.
It plugs inline on the main harness, under the shifter side main fairing.
It's an easy install, no cutting, and causes no issues with any parts of the bike.
Costs less than $100, well worth doing.

A good high flowing exhaust for drag racing(Brocks)can give you 8-10hp, 4-6 lb ft torque, ballpark numbers, give or take.
The bike will be better throughout the rpms with a GOOD dyno tune.
Another big gain is that the stock exhaust weighs around 38 lbs, and something like a Brocks Alienhead will be around a third or less of that.
You also get rid of the catalytic converter with any full system, which is great, because that thing will cook you're feet in the summer.

For $2k, and drag racing, Brocks Alienhead with a Power Commander loaded with Brocks map.
Brocks Power Commander maps are the only base maps that are any good. Because he made them from his dyno tunes.
Any other PC base map besides Brocks is almost always junk, and you will notice no improvement.
A GOOD dyno tune can improve things from there. But it's about driveability throughout the rpms. Another hp at peak rpms is great...but you'll never feel it.
An ecu flash will help too.
Speedohealer will fix the speedometer, and sprockets can be swapped until you find what you like.
A -1 front, a +3 rear, seperate or combined will fit the stock length chain.
All can be had for under $2k.
If it's a drag only bike, it'll be ok. If you street ride, you need new fork springs at 270lbs. The bike will never handle as it should without them.
Suspension sag is the key to handling.
Brakes! New brake pads! EBC HH "Extreme Pro" pads. The Extreme Pro are different from the regular HH. They are ceramic embedded, and they Will stop you sooner! Stainless steel brake lines won't stop you sooner, but they really improve brake feel.
If you street ride, I'de do brakes and suspension first, then add some power and lose the heavy exhaust.

I
A good high flowing exhaust for drag racing(Brocks)can give you 8-10hp, 4-6 lb ft torque, ballpark numbers, give or take.
The bike will be better throughout the rpms with a GOOD dyno tune.
Another big gain is that the stock exhaust weighs around 38 lbs, and something like a Brocks Alienhead will be around a third or less of that.
You also get rid of the catalytic converter with any full system, which is great, because that thing will cook you're feet in the summer.

For $2k, and drag racing, Brocks Alienhead with a Power Commander loaded with Brocks map.
Brocks Power Commander maps are the only base maps that are any good. Because he made them from his dyno tunes.
Any other PC base map besides Brocks is almost always junk, and you will notice no improvement.
A GOOD dyno tune can improve things from there. But it's about driveability throughout the rpms. Another hp at peak rpms is great...but you'll never feel it.
An ecu flash will help too.
Speedohealer will fix the speedometer, and sprockets can be swapped until you find what you like.
A -1 front, a +3 rear, seperate or combined will fit the stock length chain.
All can be had for under $2k.
If it's a drag only bike, it'll be ok. If you street ride, you need new fork springs at 270lbs. The bike will never handle as it should without them.
Suspension sag is the key to handling.
Brakes! New brake pads! EBC HH "Extreme Pro" pads. The Extreme Pro are different from the regular HH. They are ceramic embedded, and they Will stop you sooner! Stainless steel brake lines won't stop you sooner, but they really improve brake feel.
If you street ride, I'de do brakes and suspension first, then add some power and lose the heavy exhaust.
I installed the brocks short megaphone full system. Now im looking into the sprokets but i dont know what should i change front or rear or both and how much more or less. Thinking about ceramic wheel bairings and air filter change.

I

I installed the brocks short megaphone full system. Now im looking into the sprokets but i dont know what should i change front or rear or both and how much more or less. Thinking about ceramic wheel bairings and air filter change.

Ceramic wheel bearings on stock rims...???o_O

Skip the ceramic bearings. You should go with an aftermarket air filter IMHO. Filter and exhaust before dyno tuning if you are doing that. Note that You can save the cost of the Powercommander if you ECU flash, same basic result but slightly more feature access with the flash. Rear sprocket is heavier so it's best to cut the ratio with a smaller front sprocket. Also a bigger rear sprocket may require a new chain. But I don't recommend going much lower than 17 teeth up front as this stresses the chain I am told. With all this work you still probably only made 10-15hp, so don't expect big gains on bike alone. Takes some serious power adds to get significantly quicker if you take weight and skill out of the calculation.

That's why I don't drag race!

Lithium Battery $150
Aluminum rear sets $400

You should post a link to your R1 wheel
Swap.
Probably never notice it drag racing, but street riding and handling for sure.

Just go with turbo. It's probably going to cost about the same if you get all the electronic backups to use nitrous safely and effectively for drag racing. Used turbos are a couple thou. No filling bottles--use boost every gear and get some boost even at low rpm. NOS is top end oriented only. not for first gear at all and not under 6k rpm....they suggest not even 2nd but you might chance that. Probably going to need HD valve springs and clutch springs are a good move. Might as well go turbo and make your own boost instead of paying for it by the gallon at the track. NOS is pretty intriguing though. Gping that rout on my 14 right now but the busa gets turbo someday soon.

Back