Best Place To Buy New Fairing?

piratediverjefff

Registered
Getting ready to purchase new left side fairing and nose cowling for my 2011,anyone have a favorite place?Also,can you buy with insulation,padding,etc. already installed,and don't need the stickers so are they an extra over the base price or will I have to pay for them only to peel off and toss?Was just looking at these distributors for a general idea;

https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/505a07e4f8700203b4ed166e/side-cowling

https://www.powersportsdiscount.com/oemparts/a/suz/505a07e4f8700203b4ed166e/side-cowling

Perhaps it is time for you to sell your old bike to me ~ and start fresh with one that has not been crashed *

I don't know how much of a crash I'd call it,only knocked me down/bike out from under me doing about 5 mph.:laugh:All I really need is a left side fairing and a shifter,nose cowling's few light scratches can just about be touched up with a Sharpie :laugh:(though I'd either buy the paint from Color-Rite and have it done right or just replace it).Will definitely use OEM though.Gotta keep this one Red,set up just how I want it/only 13,395 miles/and paid for.:DDoubt I'll ever buy another one,will keep this one 'til I go belly up(and since I'm 65 figure I already have both feet on banana peels:laugh:).

I say ,
just to keep Jeff around
we should all pitch in
and just buy the
fairings for him .

What do you say Red .

Want to see him get that Hayabusa away from the fire ~ hope he can will it to me before he kicks the bucket *

rolling-20with-20old-20jeff-202_zpszjn36qpo-jpg.jpg

Damn good looking motorcycle & would hate to see it get toasted in the Corona Skyline wild fire *

Be wary of the China sets. I bought a set through ebay and all though they did fit they are significantly lighter than stock and usually the supplied heat shields don't do the trick (which I learned too late). The lower right fairing warped and melted to the headers within the first week even through the heat shield. The split has since opened up to expose the header. I wish I could have afforded to replace with stock pieces.

20170430_130215.jpg

20170430_130221.jpg

I ended up getting the upper left from Honda East,the lower left and front cowling from local dealership where I bought the bike.Must've been a new parts kid at Honda East as he wouldn't/couldn't sell me the front cowling without buying the OEM windscreen($160)and couldn't find the lower left side(neither of us[at the time]knew it was listed in the under cowling section).Neither place knew what pads,etc. came with the pieces so I ordered some extras,believe I ended up paying at least a $100 more than I needed to.A shame that they come with graphics installed as I'll be peeling them off and using some I'm having made.:crazy:

Back