best mixture of gasses for nitrous

miniks

Registered
we dont have a shop that refills nitrous so we have to tell them what kind of gas we need
whats the best mixture of gasses to use in a nitous oxide?
i mean when you go to a hop to refill your nitrous, what kind of gas do they use to get the best mixture?

there's only one mixture for nitrous xide, that's N2o. In other words it's two parts nitrogen to one part oxygen. When the use is regulated then they ad a tint of inert gas to the mixture.

If you are at a shop that is not used to filling bottles...beware to some degree. They should have a quality scale and put in a set amount of NO2...so many pounds. A local engine shop started filling bottles and I had one that was over filled...later in the day the blow off valve blew due to expansion. It was a waste of the gas + cost of replacing the valve. This shop was using a bathroom scale (and many do without incident).

If you are at a shop that is not used to filling bottles...beware to some degree. They should have a quality scale and put in a set amount of NO2...so many pounds. A local engine shop started filling bottles and I had one that was over filled...later in the day the blow off valve blew due to expansion. It was a waste of the gas + cost of replacing the valve. This shop was using a bathroom scale (and many do without incident).

wow that could blow your arse off if not careful, how can they get away with that?

Similar thing happened to me but was really my fault. My shop filled my bottle and they use a NOS brand digital scale which i believe to be accurate. I went home and installed my bottle (which is black) then pushed the bike out of the garage into the sun since I was doing some welding and grinding on another bike. Well as always just before we filled my bottle we opened the valve and released the remaining nitrous as it cools the bottle and makes refilling easier then put it out in 90 degree heat in a black bottle and that was all it took. Didn't hurt anything other that the pop off valve but it did scare the crap out of me and cost me another trip to the shop. Keep this in mind if you have a topped off bottle and direct sunlight or alot of heat. Just like everthing else I learned the hard way.

or talk to your favorite dentist. and you CAN huff automotive nitrous, but the sulfur will make you vomit. a lot.

Back