Best guitar solo ever...bar none

GoAWOL

Abiit, excessit, evasit
Donating Member
Registered
I pride myself on being able to change...accept new ideas, concepts, not be too opionated. But folks..this is the best live guitar solo ever . One of the top performances by arguably one of the top 10 guitarists ever. At 2:48 into it Jimmy page breaks out the violin bow...brilliant. Let the discussion begin.....

Link to Daily Motion Video of best live guitar solo...ever.:whistle:

It is a shame most kids nowadays wont experience great music.
That video was done 2 months before I was born, but I jammed all Led Zeppelin growing up.:thumbsup:

My 9 year old daughter often has Led Zeppelin II playing on her CD player while she goes to bed at night. :cheerleader:

A little too much Wah pedal for my taste, but certainly a tremendous level of talent for their day.

Show that to a kid today and he/she'd be like "I can blow that guy away on Guitar Hero." That game is so lame.

Rock pioneers, very cool. Another Brit guitarist of the same era I enjoy.
YouTube - robin trower

Yeah Robin! He's playing somewhere areound the bay area pretty soon. Here's a tune when I was but 16 years old. Jimmy was a (baby)! When Beck first toured the US he brought Rod Stewart as a lead singer and Ronnie Wood was his bass player. Nicky Hopkins or Max Middleton played keyboards with him. For overall style that no one else can produce, Jeff beck is the best, Clapton even says so.

- Beck's Bolero (extended version)1966 - Jeff Beck/Jimmy Page[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a recent Beck performance at a Clapton guitar fest. I'd LOVE to jump his bass player....:bowdown: The second half really kicks ass. He's in his 60s for crap sakes!!!

- Jeff Beck 2 of 2 at Crossroads[/url]

Show that to a kid today and he/she'd be like "I can blow that guy away on Guitar Hero." That game is so lame.[/QUOTE]
+1000
most have no idea how much skill is involved to play like that back then,or even now for that matter:thumbsup:

I absolutely love Led Zeppelin. Unfortunately, I didn't get to start listening to it until about 10 years ago so I'm not well-versed on the factoids everyone else knows. Bummer.

I will say that while their work is incredible, I don't agree that it's THE BEST! LOL

--Wag--

No more references to Guitar hero and the like! They are NOTHING like playing the real thing. I have spent way too many years (26 to be exact) perfecting my craft with the likes of Hendrix, Trower, Vai, Satriani, E. Johnson, Malmsteen, etc... to be impressed by a kid who will push a few buttons on a cr@p plastic electronic plug in guitar hero and think that that's all it is to play an instrument of ANY kind.
Force a kid on a violin to get them to really appreciate a stringed instrument.....

No more references to Guitar hero and the like! They are NOTHING like playing the real thing. I have spent way too many years (26 to be exact) perfecting my craft with the likes of Hendrix, Trower, Vai, Satriani, E. Johnson, Malmsteen, etc... to be impressed by a kid who will push a few buttons on a cr@p plastic electronic plug in guitar hero and think that that's all it is to play an instrument of ANY kind.
Force a kid on a violin to get them to really appreciate a stringed instrument.....

A-fuggin-men, brother. The excitement over this trash (GH) is unbelievably stupid. Yeah, I'm sure it's entertaining but skill? Puh-leeze.

--Wag--

[URL="
something a little more off the beaten path.[/URL] Phenomenal talent.

Al DiMeola just makes me never want to pick up the guitar again after watching/listening to him. It's pointless.

i don't care he is one of a kind and stilll a great and amazing guitar player

Back