BEGI Connection

65Cobra

Registered
More curious than anything but... instead of using a check valve to block vacuum between the TB and BEGI so it only sees boost, can I just use a straight signal from an unused fitting on my plenum? Thanks.

Cobra

Just to close this out, between a comment Frank from Powerhouse made in another of my posts, and more online searching I found out that although most seem to connect the R/R line on the BEGI to a throttle body vacuum port, which requires a check valve to stop vacuum from reaching the unit, you could connect the R/R line to the plenum, in which case you don't need the check valve. The two advantages I can think of are (1) you don't need a check valve which is one less thing to go wrong, and (2) it frees up a vacuum port for another use.

Apparently you can make the connection anywhere between the turbo outlet and the plenum as one person used a Tee fitting in the line that went to their wastegate. But I'm not sure what effect it might have making the connection further away than the plenum.

Back