Been gone a long time

0CF837F4-A0C0-4E01-B893-25376F1803A4.jpeg
200.gif

Welcome back and Happy Birthday mate Your deceased brother would be proud of you :thumbsup:
I think he would be. I know he understood how important the motorcycle world has been to me my whole life. Thanks man.

View attachment 1648884 View attachment 1648885
My best memory is just getting together with other busa riders and doing breakfast then hitting the twisties. Raydog, Bosshound, and many others around here. We have a love in our life and sharing it with like minded folks makes it that much more enjoyable...

Back at ta Boss...we have done some great rides.
Good to talk to ya yesterday my friend and I’m very sorry to hear about Scar.
He’s been on my mind ever since just can’t believe it.

Hello

Many prolly don’t remember me as I have been gone from here since 2014. On that day my brother was run off the road by a dirtbag gangster biker of some sort. He ran my brother into on coming traffic causing him to clip an oncoming car and he was killed as I watched.

The man was never caught and at the time and I walked away from a lifetime of riding motorcycles since I was a 5 year old brat.
I swore off riding and sold everything motorcycle.

I guess I needed time to regroup and try to recover from the trauma. A lot of battles went trough my head as time passed about should I ever ride again. Slowly after time I was able to start watching racing on the tube again and slowly I began to consider riding again.
At this point a friend gave me a Honda nsx250 to play on for awhile on the trails by my house. I took him up on it and it lead to me buying a klx250. By now I had sold my busa and gixxer and began to regret it.

What I wondered about was could I ever do this again with same confidence as before. After some seat time on the little 250 I started to feel i might be able to ride again and I went out and got a 2021 z900. I felt like a newbie all over again. I took my time and work on remembering the basics that seemed to fade away while I swore it off. There are lots of great roads here where I could practice and almost always never see another sole on the whole road.

So that’s what I did all summer, I would practice on roads near my house that usually have 0 traffic on them. After I started getting more comfortable on these rides I would always go back to regretting the sale of my bikes. Oh well at the time seemed the right thing to do as my family would kring at the idea to ride again.

I finally came to the conclusion that riding has always been in my life and I won’t get better until I indulge that desire. I’m now glad I did return to the motorcycle world as I now have that feeling again after a fun ride. It’s part of my life, it’s a drug, it’s a lifestyle, it makes me happy again and I think my brother would be ok with it.

And two bikes lead to 3 when I picked up on 07 sv650 and set about to remake it into a canyon carver. It seems I tinker around with my bikes almost everyday and that is therapy to me. I’m sorry I just walked away and never talked to anyone again (Raybusa) if your still out there. I never dreamed that any of this would ever happen but it did and I think I have come full circle now.

Rob
I think we all get a mortality check here and there in life. And motorcycles shift the place they occupy in us. I have read too many instances here of riders being killed. Riders better than me everyday of the week. I love my Busa. For what it does. There will never be another bike in that space within me. But I'm sort of over the whole effortless warp speed capabilities she gives without you even thinking about it.

I have moved into another motorcycle space. I just bought a road sofa. Because it's big, visible, comfortable and is made to munch miles as effortlessly as the Busa goes fast.

She feels like a slow aircraft carrier in comparison. When you do 80, you know you are doing 80. I can pull a camper, set the cruise control, select which music I want to listen to, and lean my back into my girlfriends safety bags, and carry on conversations in the quietness of a muffled 6 cylinder that Honda did a fantastic job at getting right. For 8 hours straight.

I'll do a trans continental on it, see the U.S. and Canada, and probably get over that space and move on.

I don't think motorcycles ever leave us. We just leave them.

Welcome back.

Rob, I think I remember your screen name, although myself been away for a long time.

Conquering fears is one of the biggest challenges a man can face. Without hijacking the thread, I am only gonna mention that I have a first hand knowledge of that.

Seems like you faced your fears, and you have prevailed. Just keep at it. You are absolutely right - riding is in your blood. Continue to find that right balance between everything. That's the ultimate goal.

I'll tell you a secret. No one really dies. You can talk to your brother, aloud or in your thoughts, and he can hear everything. Maybe you even notice a subtle signs which cannot be coincidental or random. You know that you brother would want you to ride.

Wishing you all the best!

Back