Been gone a long time

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
Hello

Many prolly don’t remember me as I have been gone from here since 2014. On that day my brother was run off the road by a dirtbag gangster biker of some sort. He ran my brother into on coming traffic causing him to clip an oncoming car and he was killed as I watched.

The man was never caught and at the time and I walked away from a lifetime of riding motorcycles since I was a 5 year old brat.
I swore off riding and sold everything motorcycle.

I guess I needed time to regroup and try to recover from the trauma. A lot of battles went trough my head as time passed about should I ever ride again. Slowly after time I was able to start watching racing on the tube again and slowly I began to consider riding again.
At this point a friend gave me a Honda nsx250 to play on for awhile on the trails by my house. I took him up on it and it lead to me buying a klx250. By now I had sold my busa and gixxer and began to regret it.

What I wondered about was could I ever do this again with same confidence as before. After some seat time on the little 250 I started to feel i might be able to ride again and I went out and got a 2021 z900. I felt like a newbie all over again. I took my time and work on remembering the basics that seemed to fade away while I swore it off. There are lots of great roads here where I could practice and almost always never see another sole on the whole road.

So that’s what I did all summer, I would practice on roads near my house that usually have 0 traffic on them. After I started getting more comfortable on these rides I would always go back to regretting the sale of my bikes. Oh well at the time seemed the right thing to do as my family would kring at the idea to ride again.

I finally came to the conclusion that riding has always been in my life and I won’t get better until I indulge that desire. I’m now glad I did return to the motorcycle world as I now have that feeling again after a fun ride. It’s part of my life, it’s a drug, it’s a lifestyle, it makes me happy again and I think my brother would be ok with it.

And two bikes lead to 3 when I picked up on 07 sv650 and set about to remake it into a canyon carver. It seems I tinker around with my bikes almost everyday and that is therapy to me. I’m sorry I just walked away and never talked to anyone again (Raybusa) if your still out there. I never dreamed that any of this would ever happen but it did and I think I have come full circle now.

Rob

Welcome back to the forum and to motorcycles.....

That was a tough thing to go through and hopefully if you feel you could use a little professional therapy time, it really helps, I did over 4 yrs myself and it made me live again.

The minute you sat on that little 250, you must have felt your brother sitting behind you egging you on....that's what he would have wanted I'm sure.....

Thankyou for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to reading and learning about the busa and how it’s progressed to the gen3 I’m seeing on the commercials. The first time I saw the gen3 it looked a bit smaller to me for some reason, like the rider was tighter in the knees, must be the controls maybe.

It might be a goal of mine down the road again but for now I’m with these bikes.

6D361167-CB0D-47CD-AE6C-64C3D59C5AD7.jpeg

CAFE00B7-13DA-4912-81C2-83BFE6E7DD71.jpeg

A69409F9-DF42-4F85-AAA9-6D4F742F6E20.jpeg

2837ABD4-44D3-4157-AF4E-0C8086B7A2DF.jpeg

E6E66EC4-E75B-41D7-A9E5-92ED7FA723B2.jpeg

8C6B3C49-5B2E-4004-B476-00D6A6F2B4E2.jpeg

9B2272B1-582F-4FE7-B6C2-F4DF58F71EF7.jpeg

F5D98FB5-7D27-4F90-9EB2-2A3841ABD935.jpeg

Welcome back Rob!

I also took a break after losing some friends and family but just can't let riding go either. I've been on motorcycles my entire life and it's just part of our story.

I picked up a Gen-3 to enjoy so stop in anytime. I'm just having trouble finding the time between life.

glad to hear you're back on, mentally speaking.

Sorry to hear about the series of events that impacted your life, but here's to getting back on (metaphorically) and moving forward.

Been gone awhile myself, and i recognize a few names that are still around...

If my brother was killed in front of me on a bike I might very well give up riding too.

Glad you found your way back to the joy that comes only from riding a motorcycle.

Back