Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green Kentucky March 3rd Time Trials

i was wearing a brocks shirt. i was standing on the right side of the track as you got into second. i wondered if that was you, lol. i was going to say hi, but you looked really focused. was your buddy by chance on the black 2nd gen with the nitrous bottle in the arm? he was hauling major ass today. i got a couple vids today, no bikes, but i got the GTR that was there (11.7) and the challenger drag pack (10.7, suck it GTR :laugh:). yea, you were having a time with that bike bro, but well done. he came up in first, floated second, and came back up in third on the first of his runs that i saw.

Damn.... You should have said something or came over... I do get into the focus mode when at the track not as bad as when I was competitive. I noticed a challenger,,, white with polished wheels with blue centers? That is a beautiful looking challenger if thats the one your talking about..
Yeah thats Ron with the black 08 1441. He just bought it and only had about 10 seat passes on it. Its a smooth setup, GEN1 Jugs bored to a 1441 spraying a 40 NO2 with a Mcanitosh swingarm. I can remember racing with him back over 20 years ago when he had a Katana 600 and I was on a GSXR750.
Yeah its a whole different challenge getting these GENII's out to the first 1000 ft, even more so with the strong wind gust trying to push the bike around with the front up. Its actually easier to ride a 8.90 stretched busa then a stock stance running mid 10's but its fun!
Were you there when the blue GENI laid it down off the line? I spoke with him and he used to ride Harleys and just bought the busa and decided to take it to the 1/4 mile.
Now if I can get some other street corner carving warriors out on a dragstrip in the same setup it would be more challenging:whistle:

Two ships passing in the night....Oh well Ogre you are gonna be here for awhile so there will be other opportunities..

Yeah, RIGHT...me, never been on a dragstrip against Donn wih oodles of drag passes....not much of a challenge I suspect :moon:

NEXT weekend is my time to play (BARBER)!:cheerleader:

i have the schedule for the beech bend track now. i'll be either there or at the nashville track i suspect on most weekends. my buddy has a pro stock suzuki that runs LOW 7's, he's just waiting for the tracks to heat up. they can't handle his bike right now. (195+ traps)

Back