Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green Kentucky March 3rd Time Trials

Yaaay :cheerleader: Its been a long winter and finally its here, drag strips opening up.
Saturday March 3rd first day of 2012 for time trials Noon till 5PM.

Dragstrip

This is a great track to run your Busa down.

This is a different type of riding skill and different from a course. Talk about throttle and clutch control. Ever try keep a non stretched non lowered Busa front end down on a prepped dragstrip?

Also be willing to have your feelings hurt the numbers dont lie! I am aiming at 10.40's@145

May also be trading Ol suzi in if I get my (_I_) handed to me by a new stock 14R:banghead:

:race:

Good luck, have fun; think it might be a little DAMP tomorrow....

I'm gonna go have lunch with Ogre at about noon tomorrow, if you don't go ride call/PM me if you want to ride up w/me..

I love watching the bikes at the drag strip!! Haven't been in a while; adding it to my to-do list for this summer!! :thumbsup:

You should run 10.40. What do you weigh ? Same here, stock bike, well prepped track. I've only had the '08 down it twice.

i'd planned on checking out the corvette museum tomorrow as well, maybe this would be more fun if my stereo stuff is done before then.

i'd planned on checking out the corvette museum tomorrow as well, maybe this would be more fun if my stereo stuff is done before then.

If you plan on lunch and then head to Bowling Green for the Corvette museum, you will run out of time. Maybe instead, if weather is good, skip lunch to to BG watch them drag and then go to Museum...We can eat another day.

You should run 10.40. What do you weigh ? Same here, stock bike, well prepped track. I've only had the '08 down it twice.

240 unsuited around 255-260 suited up. Its very hard to get it off the line (no clutch mod :banghead: chatter) no less 1-3 gears. I ran mid 6.70's - low 6.80's in the 1/8 when it was brand new with an avg of 1.76 60' times.

If you plan on lunch and then head to Bowling Green for the Corvette museum, you will run out of time. Maybe instead, if weather is good, skip lunch to to BG watch them drag and then go to Museum...We can eat another day.

i don't know how long they'll take anyway. me and my buddy wanted to hit up the drags tomorrow. he's scoping out tracks for later in the summer. think he runs in the 7's... i'm gonna try to drag him to the stereo shop tomorrow, then the drags.

Then I think we should put lunch off, that way you will have enough time. Looks like weather, while cooler, should be clear. :thumbsup:

i don't know how long they'll take anyway. me and my buddy wanted to hit up the drags tomorrow. he's scoping out tracks for later in the summer. think he runs in the 7's... i'm gonna try to drag him to the stereo shop tomorrow, then the drags.

Hey if you do go to Beechbend look me up I will be there.:beerchug:

Beech bend is a nice track. I will be down there some this year. Lankee you know black is the fastest color....:moon:

Beech bend is a nice track. I will be down there some this year. Lankee you know black is the fastest color....:moon:

Beechbend is a good track. I used to spend every Sunday there back in the early 90's. Here are the good and bad of the track IMO.

Good
1) Plenty of shut down area.
2) Great owners, Dallas Jones and his son Clay runs the track.
3) Shaded bleachers for the spectators.
4) Plenty of pit room and staging lanes.

Bad points.
1) Track is in the middle of a cornfield. I have seen deer, and ground hogs run across the track in the shut down area.
2) Hardly any shade trees in the pit area which gets extremly hot in the dead of summer.
3) Its an all asphalt track no concrete, (from my last expierence)
4) Track can get greasy for fast cars and bikes during eliminations which is usually around 2-5 PM.

Overall the track is ran good:thumbsup:

Yaaay :cheerleader: Its been a long winter and finally its here, drag strips opening up.
Saturday March 3rd first day of 2012 for time trials Noon till 5PM.

Dragstrip

This is a great track to run your Busa down.

This is a different type of riding skill and different from a course. Talk about throttle and clutch control. Ever try keep a non stretched non lowered Busa front end down on a prepped dragstrip?

Also be willing to have your feelings hurt the numbers dont lie! I am aiming at 10.40's@145

May also be trading Ol suzi in if I get my (_I_) handed to me by a new stock 14R:banghead:

:race:

Well got to make a few runs today. Weather was a bit chilly!! Worse there was a 20-25MPH head wind:banghead:
Got to the track a little after 1PM seen some old faces I havent seen in years which was nice to catch up with a few. 4 Busas at the track, one guy wrecked one on the launch. 2007 model bone stock came out of the hole raised it up, dropped it back down and went back up and over... OOOUCH!! The onlything hurt was his pride and the left side panel, and clutch lever. That pretty much ended his day.
Fastest Busa today was my buddy Rons 2008 1441 stretched street bike running 8.90's at 163. Still trying to get used to the bike..
Ol Suzi in her stock stance was a bit sassy today, first few passes launched her easy at 4000 rpms 60 footing a slow 1.90's - 1.92 and working the throttle till 3rd gear around 1000' and was able to go WOT to the top of 4th running thru the traps at consistent 10.61, 10.63, and a 10.67..
I knew I told everyone here that I expected 10.40's well started to crank of the launch to 6000 came out of the hole and clutch chatter bad from the chitty OEM back limiter in the clutch, so I walked her down the track, went out the next pass and launched at 5500 and little less aggressive clutch and ran a 10.41
Yeaaah Yeaaah I know..... get the brocks clutch mod, strap the front end bolt on some extensions.... BEEN there done that, I like the challenge of launching a stock stanced sport bike and it was fun carrying the front wheel half track!:thumbsup: Fun Day!:thumbsup:

i5n884.jpg

i was wearing a brocks shirt. i was standing on the right side of the track as you got into second. i wondered if that was you, lol. i was going to say hi, but you looked really focused. was your buddy by chance on the black 2nd gen with the nitrous bottle in the arm? he was hauling major ass today. i got a couple vids today, no bikes, but i got the GTR that was there (11.7) and the challenger drag pack (10.7, suck it GTR :laugh:). yea, you were having a time with that bike bro, but well done. he came up in first, floated second, and came back up in third on the first of his runs that i saw.

Back