Battery power

Seanbike

Registered
Hello everyone. New to bussa . I’ve fitted heated grips and heated seat pad . will the present battery and charging set up be capable to run these if both on at same time .. ex blackbird rider now enjoying a bussa .

Depends. I think when you get to pulling 25-30 additional amps off the stock system things get sketchy. I have ridden with GPS, Radar, phone charger and Heated suit (gloves, pants and jacket) and could not get max setting on the suit. There are upgrades on the power system you can do though. If you are really going to draw amps, you should look into something like an Amplink. With this you can control power distribution with you phone. Also it will be sure all those accessories are properly managed on the fly. For example if you have everything on just pull out the phone, divide up the power and keep it below 30 amps and you are good to go. Makes wiring cleaner and gets rid of all those relays!

Maybe @c10 knows exactly how many amps you can draw off the system, he's the DIY guy after all!

Depends. I think when you get to pulling 25-30 additional amps off the stock system things get sketchy. I have ridden with GPS, Radar, phone charger and Heated suit (gloves, pants and jacket) and could not get max setting on the suit. There are upgrades on the power system you can do though. If you are really going to draw amps, you should look into something like an Amplink. With this you can control power distribution with you phone. Also it will be sure all those accessories are properly managed on the fly. For example if you have everything on just pull out the phone, divide up the power and keep it below 30 amps and you are good to go. Makes wiring cleaner and gets rid of all those relays!

Maybe @c10 knows exactly how many amps you can draw off the system, he's the DIY guy after all!
I knew you'd have good advice.

Hello everyone. New to bussa . I’ve fitted heated grips and heated seat pad . will the present battery and charging set up be capable to run these if both on at same time .. ex blackbird rider now enjoying a bussa .

Welcome. From an XX to a Busa (was) a natural upgrade. :cool: The only added electronics I’ve used have been a radar detector and heated gloves. Never a charging problem but even together they didn’t pull much juice.

First is what is the seat pad watts rating ? grips are usually 35 watts to 50 . Both together are going to be fine.
I run heated gear , radar , GPS , . However every light has been swapped to LED saving over 65 watts of avaible power plus my ABS was removed saving 25 to 35 running watts .
Radar / GPS pull near nothing .
Tech tip heated glove liners pull less power than grips , and warm the back of the hands too .

Welcome. From an XX to a Busa (was) a natural upgrade. :cool: The only added electronics I’ve used have been a radar detector and heated gloves. Never a charging problem but even together they didn’t pull much juice.
First is what is the seat pad watts rating ? grips are usually 35 watts to 50 . Both together are going to be fine.
I run heated gear , radar , GPS , . However every light has been swapped to LED saving over 65 watts of avaible power plus my ABS was removed saving 25 to 35 running watts .
Tech tip heated glove liners pull less power than grips , and warm the back of the hands too .
Knew you guys would as well.

Thanks to you all. I can assume I’m ok then but will let you know how things perform.

Back