noticed a rattle in the bottom end when idling out of gear,
noise clears up when you pull the clutch in,
release the clutch then its back,

you feel a vibration/knock through the bike as well as hear it =/

it's a very noticeable sound, cant miss it
sad.gif

Any ideas on what it could be??
anyone with an idea please post,

what year, how many miles? if it goes away when the clutch is pulled in, your plates might be pretty wore or a weak spring.

Mine has had some "rattle" like that since about 4K miles.. My Honda's really did it bad..

If you are unsure, just swing it by a good tech and let him/her hear it... might just be nothing to worry
about

Oh, do make sure it has the correct amount of oil in it...

what year, how many miles? if it goes away when the clutch is pulled in, your plates might be pretty wore or a weak spring.
2000 model, dunno in miles, but just over 50,000 klm's

i might drop round to a suzuki shop and let them have a shot at telling me some bad news =/

Hopefully its just a worn clutch, thats easy and cheap to replace, dont really want to payout for a full tear-down on it

I got a 2k also w/54k on her, has the clunky thig going on too, had it for a while but not too bad, and was told that the clutch was just worn. it doesn't slip yet, so it's still in. hope you find out good news, and welcome to the board!
beerchug.gif

I got a 2k also w/54k on her, has the clunky thig going on too, had it for a while but not too bad, and was told that the clutch was just worn. it doesn't slip yet, so it's still in. hope you find out good news, and welcome to the board!
beerchug.gif
Thanks for the input mate, you have lifted my spirit a little,

ill take her over saturday for an inspection
bit busy 2day

hmm, in AUS $$ what would a complete new clutch kit set me back on average

Its the slipper clutch, if it goes away when you pull the lever in, its normal!

I've had this on my '01 model for 2 years 10k miles. never been a problem.
I asked the guy at the shop about it once. He said it was the clutch bearing and it goes on all Hayabusas. He said if I had it replaced it would just go again in a couple of thousand miles and it wasn't a big problem.

I've seen other posts on this in the past, and a lot of people have this noise. I wouldn't worry about it.

Tony

Well, the bike is great now :cheerleader:
$1500AUD >:banghead: and an entire new clutch installed, motor is smooth and quiet, the guy at suzuki told me he wouldnt bother fixing it at its nothing.... then once he pulled it down he changed his mind very fast,

the plates were badly worn, springs were shot, as the mech put it, "it's trashed" lol so yea i guess i made a good choice, i'd hate to get stuck on the side of the road.

Thanks all for your replies, :beerchug:

Until next time...............???

Cheers Steve

Back