Back on 2s again

RRJuggalo

Registered
So June 1st of last year my 03 Busa was stolen. I was moving from TX to MO and we stopped for the night in Oklahoma City. the next morning I went out to find my trailer and bike missing. Unfortunately I didn't have full coverage. Fast Forward to November of last year. I got a call from my buddy asking if I wanted to buy his 06 Busa. Naturally I jumped on the deal drove to TX and picked it up. The plastics were not on it because it had just gotten a fresh coat of paint put on them. I just put the bike in my garage for the winter. Fast forward to February of 2013. On Wed the 20th I got my Busa put together insured and tagged. On Thursday night a buddy of mine and I loaded our bikes (he has a ZX6 Ninja) on a trailer and took off o Houston TX for a Ruff Ryder event for NBA All Stars. We get there Friday morning have a blast all day Friday go on about a 170 mile ride on Saturday. Everything was great. Bike performed flawlessly. Later that night we are at the hotel across the street from where we are staying. About 330 Sunday morning we go back to our hotel. Now My buddy had put a Thick steel cable through both of our front wheels and around a Light post in front of the hotel doors about 25 feet from the entrance. When we get back low and behold the cable was cut, My Busa is gone but his Kawi is still sitting there. After reporting it to the cops and insurance I finally get an insurance check. (I was smart and got full coverage this time) Well on Wed of this week I drove from Springfield MO to Kansas City Kanasas to look at a 2000 model Busa. Pics looked good so I drove the 3.5 hours and was gonna get the bike. Imagine my surprise when he car lot that had it forgot to mention over the phone that it had been laid down twice. (once on each side not shown in the pics I recieved) was missing part of the plastics, AND it was oly running on 3 cyclinders. All this after being told it had a rebuilt engine with bigger cams and dynoed at 215 rwhp. Needless to say I was pissed and left with out the bike. Well my search continues. I called about a 2000 model Busa in St Louis from a reputable dealer and he wouldn't come down on the price but said he had an 04 Busa for the price I was looking for. He sent pics and I took the chance (after all he IS a reputable dealer) I get to St Louis today see the 04 and take it for a test ride. It was nice. I fell in love with the bike instantly. Now he had this bike on consignment and just got it in yesterday (march 8th) We get all the paperwork done and he says wait I didn't verify the V.I.N. on the bike to the V.I.N. on the title I'll be right back. Imagine the heart break I felt when he told me the numbers didn't match. I got pissed. My wife and I went to lunch while he tried to figure things out and I had given up. I was ready to throw in the towel and go buy a Cruiser. We get back to the dealer and he says he can't sale me the bike.We talked back and forth he asked what he could do to make it right. I said find me a Busa today for what I was gonna buy that one for. after some long talks he pulled the 2000 model Busa I origionally called about to the back in the shop. He checked it over threw me the keys and told me to take it for a test ride. I get back and it was 100% better bike than the 04. I told him I didn't have the extra $500.00 he was wanting for the bike. He said he felt bad that I drove 4 hrs to get there only to not be able to get the bike I had went up there to get. He said his reputation was on the line and his business and customers meant more to him than $500.00. So we did the paperwork he handed me the keys and I brought home one of the baddest bikes I have ever had. I was ready to give up and throw in the towel. Between 2 bikes getting stolen in a year and driving over 3 hrs twice trying to get another Busa and things falling through I was at my whits end, but when it was all said and done I ended up with a better bike in the end. Oh and by the way I'm going down monday and having a GPS tracking system and alarm put my new beast Monday. I will be able to track my bike from my phone and even be able to tell what speed it is traveling at. So if this one gets stolen the thieves will be hating life. Thanks for reading my long boring story.

My goodness what story. Welcome to the oRg. Should have hit us up, we have members everywhere that could have checked out those bikes for you without you having to drive all over. Glad you got the bike you wanted, now, where are the pics? :welcome:

Congrats on the latest bike. Houston was crazy nuts during the all-star. My buddy is a local Leo and he said there were several bikes and high end cars stolen. All that flash brought out the best of the best thieves, he said it was like the movie gone in 60 seconds.

Welcome!

Boy Howdy, you, busas and hotels seem to be a toxic mix. You may be better off to try camping and attaching the cable from the busa to your ankle? :laugh:

Sorry about your losses. If you shoot the thieving bastids let's us know, I'll be the first to contribute to your defense fund! :whistle:

When staying at a hotel always ask for a ground level room, back your bike up to the window, tie some string around the bike run the string in through the window and tie it to a lamp or anything that will make noise if any disturbs it. And then come out :guns:

I don't do long stories, but it sounds like you got a great deal on an unrestricted 2000. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the org Ninja!! Whoop Whoop! Sux to hear about your bikes getting stole. I'd be pissed. Lets see some pics of the bike.

Wow man that really sucks. Glad you got a better bike in the end but take notes from the pros here. I know a lot of them get a ground level room and park the bike right next to the bed, no joke.

Wow! What a story. Fate tested your patience quite a few times. Hopefully, this phase is behind, and things will be easier in the future. Best of luck in the future!

Back