Vibration....worse on right side?

mudnuri

Registered
Went out for the first real ride today, John on the busa (it just rolled 400 miles, he's been riding it back and forth to work, about 30 miles each way) and me on my interceptor. Today we were gone for 5 hours....I made a comment that my right hand went to sleep on my interceptor, and he said the vibration was much worse in his right hand than his left. He was gloveless today, first time since getting the 'busa, so that could be why he never noticed it before. However, we know bikes have a vib, but to have it so much worse on the right hand than the left. I noticed he was shaking out his hand almost as often as I had to....

Anyone notice this? It's getting ready to go in for it's first service, and we'll mention it, however, 'busa's are that common around here, so the techs do not work on them very often.

Thanks guys
Brandy

I get a vib out of my bike also and my had gets numb sometimes also. But i never thought twice about it. May i also should get my bie checked out..
hum......

He said it's at least twice as bad on the right compared to the left. We're both going to get some foam grips, but It bothers me that it's that much different from the left hand to the right.....?
rock.gif
?

Mine, I can understand, my bikes an 86, and isnt as cushy as a ride as his busa under any condition!....when I get my new bike, that'll be one thing I'll make sure of trust me! The littlest crack in the road and I FEEL it, while he doesnt even know it was there!

When it goes in, I'll post what they find, if anything

Brandy

I think it is a stronger grip used by your right hand, even unknowingly. By exerting more pressure around that bar side, your are cutting more circulation off and feeling more vibes.

i get a vibe, and so does my brother on his, his hand falls asleep pretty fast(carpal tunnel) i think. mine did just the other day, so its probably just the bike. maybe from hangin on from all that busa power haha

Too tight of grip, really. Relax the hand, constantly remind yourself, also get a throttle miester cruise control for the longer spins so the right hand can take a break.

well I'm glad to hear others are experiencing it. I knew mine was from holdin on for dear life...LOL It was pretty windy yesterday, and having 140lbs on the bike doesnt help keep the winds from blowing me from one side of the lane to the other...top that off on the fact we went up over a mountain...He was talking about cruise control as well! Maybe that'll be a good fathers day gift from the girls to him.

Anyone put on those foam grips? I was looking at them last night on line, and he use to have them on a bike he had years ago...

I'll mention it to the dealer anyway, and have to remember to keep the grip looser than I was. Still a bit nervous out on major roads with my bike, I did notice it wasn't 1/2 as bad on back country roads as it was on main roads...

thanks guys!
Brandy

Back