Audio experts

ohzone

Registered
Audio experts can you help?
I want to run a small audio system on the Busa probably an IPOD for when I want to tour but I also want to be able to connect my Passport 8500 X50 Radar Detector up to it so that I can still hear the audible warning over the earphones I have built into my helmet.
Question is how do I connect the two together using something "off the shelf"
or is it possible to wire the two external jacks together without causing any damage?

From Truwrecks
I'm considering the Starcom 1. It has 2 inputs and it makes adjustments for background noise. It will do what you want, even more.
Else you'll have to get a 2 to 1 audio mixer (not pre-amp level) to connect the 2 outputs together. That would be the less costly way to go, but the Starcom 1 will provide room for growth and have a better quality sound.

I would have posted this, but my account is acting funny tonight. Please post this if you find it helpful.

Doug

I picked up a Y splitter and a cable to plug into the 8500. Run the cable from the passport and my mini disc to the Y and plug the headset into the end of the Y connector. The Passport signal passes thru the left ear when the audible kicks off. Only problem is at extremely high speeds the wind noise and music compete for hearing the alarm in the ear. May not be high tech but gets the job done. Add the HARM light to it and you're good to go.

Sweeper, that's what I thought
I was also thinking, have the player and detector mounted on the bike and plugged into an FM transmitter (these things are tiny and cost next to nothing)
then have one of those tiny FM radio's (again cheap as chips) with earphones sitting in my top pocket and tuned into the transmitter .... no cords to worry about
biggrin.gif

anybody tried this?

Back