At long last!

Jim_Dandy

Registered
Finally got one, this bike is why I started riding, this bike is my dream bike, this bike is fast, this bike is sexy, this bike is.... garaged for the winter....
down.gif

Here she is, with the old bike in the background:

Sept05c034.jpg

Sept05c033.jpg

Taken just before the snow fell, literally 3 days later.
I did get to ride it home from the shop, and a quick jaunt to Shucks for Sta-bil, temperature was hovering at about 30 degrees the whole time. Only put 20 miles on it before retiring it for the year... now it has a total of 20 miles on it, that feels good. But I'm breaking it in by the book, so no crazy stuff for a while, well a week anyway. Once it gets nice.

First impression: Great googaly moogaly!  
wow.gif

I'm looking forward to spring.  
beerchug.gif

20 miles  that is neglect
sad.gif
 pray for some warmer snow free days
biggrin.gif
oh wait i see Alaska its gonna be a while isn't it
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133057630 -->

sad.gif

Welcome to the Board and congrats on your new steed! Wow, I don't think I could take it. Having that beast calling out, begging to be gased. I just got mine November 19th. I have ridden almost every day since. The weather is much more agreeable here in Georgia. Are there places in Alaska where there is no speed limit like in Montana?
Congrats again, sweet bike!

Congrats! At last someone with fewer miles on their bike than me going into winter.
laugh.gif

Congrats and welcome. I lived in Anchorage in the early 90s. You will have a long wait. When will you wake her up again?

Two great lookin' bikes! Really like the contrast in looks between the two--and that black and gray Busa really looks sharp. Oh, yeah ... welcome to the site! Best place to go when you can't ride.

At least you'll have time to get rid of the stickers, relectors, and mudflap
biggrin.gif

Great looking bike, and the fastest color too.  I'd hate to have to just look at my new bike all winter
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|DennisH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133104767 -->

Yeah, I finally had to cover it up, can't take it sitting there staring at me whenever I go through the garage.  

I hopefully should be riding again ... maybe mid March.  Probably later, but April for sure.  Around four more months.  

Studded tires would be fun, but I spent it all on the bike.  
biggrin.gif

There is a big contrast there... Busa makes the gix look OLD.  When I first got the gix the color was a selling point, my mother wanted me to be visible in traffic, it helped to put her mind at ease with me buying it.  Heh, when I get those orange wheels cleaned off, it's VERY visible.  And to my surprise louder than the Busa.  But that'll all change eventually.  

Oh yeah, those reflectors and stickers are coming off, some rainy afternoon this summer.  Right now though, she's pretty well blocked in.  She's comfy.  

Thanks for the welcome, and I'll be around.

Back