Asian \'Busa Owners

Hi All,
I'm new to the club (and a new 'busa owner - taking delivery yesterday). Just wondering if any of the members live out in Asia.
For those of you who do you'll know there are some great rides to be had thru Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand.
For those of you who don't live in Asia but plan to holiday out here, it might be an idea for us to get in touch with Suzuki to see if they would support packaged bike tours ie. bikes supplied.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Brad

Hey SingaporeBusa. Welcome to the club. I've got family over there. I understand that road rules are very strict. Guess you have to go across the border to Malaysia to do any serious riding, and even then I'm told they come down hard on Singaporians.

I lived in the Philippines for 17 years where there are no speed limits per se, but is extremely dangerous to ride fast because of all the obstacles...huge potholes, water buffalo, people and of course those jeepneys!

Hi Sonic - you're right about Singapore, it is very strict. 3 weeks ago I got caught whilst pulling a fairly lengthy wheelie on my old ZX11 (ZZR1100) down Orchard Rd (main street of Singapore). After apologising profusely (with no success), I ended up arguing that I hadn't seen any rules saying that you can't ride a bike on one wheel in SIngapore. The cop laughed it off and let me go.
But yes - Malaysia is where it's all at and the roads are quite good.
Let me know if you're ever down this way :)

Japan, but sometimes get across to Singapore. Mostly when I need a new imitation watch :) or to buy cheap software electronics etc. Gotta love that Orchard road, and of course Orchard Towers :)

Hi ... thought i was the only member who is from Singapore in here .. its good to finally know i ain't alone. Greetings to u all and i hope we could meet soon and xchange info plus ideas.
Bike : 00' Busa
Color : Blue/Silver
Lic Plate : FR9045X

Terence

Back