A new Busa owner

OB_Toni Kesti

Registered
So there is happy new Busa owner. Got my -99 one w/ 1340 km's on it. Love the bike and a *little* anxious to go for a ride....unhappily there is too much snow right now, but in a couple of weeks it'll all be gone and I'll be ridin' the 'Busa. I know this soound weird, but I'll install 3 Kappa luggage to my Busa....You see, I dont have a car at all and I must have some luggage with me.
Any cautions or advises for the new owner?

Congratulations, you have chosen a great bike. Since you don't have a car, luggage makes perfect sense. One question: how do you plan to get around in the winter? Public transportation? Winter sucks! Maybe we could get it banned.

Slowhand, this guy is in Finland for gosh sakes!!! Hell, I dont' even know where Finland is---I think it is kinda north east of Georgia, but I am not sure. Congrats guy, I wish I could handle Finish as well as you do English. Snow chains on a busa---woulda thunk it.

Terve Toni. Hayabusa on 'mahtavaa' motoripoira. Anteksi, mun Suomi ei ole niin hyvaa. :-(

Recommendations:
1)Make sure you put your bike in gear so it can't roll forward off the sidestand.
2) Be especially careful driving in the wet. I believe you get alot of wet weather over there. The torque of the bike makes it easy to break the rear loose.
3) You may want to gear it down a bit if you don't spend alot of time at high speed. Will make wheelies easier - I think. I plan on doing this next week.
4) Watch out for reindeer/moose/drunk Finns during Juhanus.
5) NEVER drink and drive the mighty Busa.

Nakemiin.

do what I tell all my new customers....
shift to next gear at 1500 rpm till you get to 6th and them stay there, now you have an automatic till you get use to the power

Welcome. Do a search on dial-in. I started a thread a while back when I got mine. I received a lot of good advice.

In the immortal words of Frank Adams
"Hang on, it ain't no Honda".

On the search use "Dialing", Subject Only.
It was first posted 21 Dec 99.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 03 April 2000).]

Mun aiti asuin Oulussa. Ja mun isa asuin Lahdessa. Ne puhu Suomi joskus.

I plan on visiting Lahti this summer, but I doubt I will see many (any) Hayabusas there. They must be very expensive in Finland.

If I lived in Finland and had a Hayabusa I would make a trip along Norway's coast highway (amongst other places). Their speeding fines are brutal though.

Welcome, Toni. Stayed in Helsinki for four days on my way to Leningrad (then) in 1989 for USSR (then) National Championships in Athletics. Helsinki is nice, but expensive...like Southern California in that respect! Busa will help with fuel cost, compared to a car. Ride safe.

Mr Bear
www.LABusas.org

thanks for all who replied. I think I'll be patient with the throttle for the first 800 miles or so. I let You know my feelings when I ride it for the first time.

Safe rides to You all!

FYI: Finland is located in north europe east from Sweden but we are *NOT* part of Russia. Did You know that we have the highest cellular phone density in the world? Finland has 5 million inhabitants and 3,4 million has a cellular phone....In USA that density would make 170 million cellular phones....But back to the topic, My Busa is in my friends garage and it is snowing like hell....And my snowmobile is wrecked by a friend....That sucks.....But my insurance pays for a new sled.

And CanuckBusa: Your Finnish is excellent! Where did You learn it?

Back