Arkansas 4 / 2021 trip video .

c10

Registered
Nothing to special just 6 minutes with pictures 1st then video for last 5:xx . The Tiger 1200 is completely stock , and there are a view wheelies , but camera mounting position does not quiet give a true effect of them .
The Continental TKC 70's tires performed flawless even allowing wheelies in the wet / rain @ 52 degrees F .

20210417_164626.jpg

Looks a lot like the dragon (out beyond the tail obviously). Funny I can't pull a wheelie in anything but enduro mode. Maybe it has wheelie control too never checked that. Running an Adventure fast on the road is very fun. They are very flowing and super low effort except for the long suspension travel and can make transitions a little mushy.

Nothing to special just 6 minutes with pictures 1st then video for last 5:xx . The Tiger 1200 is completely stock , and there are a view wheelies , but camera mounting position does not quiet give a true effect of them .
The Continental TKC 70's tires performed flawless even allowing wheelies in the wet / rain @ 52 degrees F .

View attachment 1635274
It's about time we've got to see a video of you going all 'hooligan' on that thing....

Looks a lot like the dragon (out beyond the tail obviously). Funny I can't pull a wheelie in anything but enduro mode. Maybe it has wheelie control too never checked that. Running an Adventure fast on the road is very fun. They are very flowing and super low effort except for the long suspension travel and can make transitions a little mushy.
Willie I run all the time with traction control / ABS off . Some times in Off Road pro mode that turns everything off , but it automatically lowers the bike 3/4 of an inch in this mode . Great for in town but hinders curves a bit as pegs scrape sooner . So I often go to Sport mode options , and turn it all off one at a time in menu . This gives a better ride height , and disconnects the linked brakes so getting hard on the front brake does not upset the bike so much as the linked brakes did not know what to do when left on . It was good at slowing front end dive , but the bike was easy to upset at speed . If any mode is on normal but off road pro the Tiger will not wheelie even with a clutch dump @ high rpms . it gets an inch off the deck , and shuts down for a few seconds . Fueling on the Tiger is probably the best of any stock bike I've owned . Tianne's Tiger 900 GT is also very good fueling .

Willie I run all the time with traction control / ABS off . Some times in Off Road pro mode that turns everything off , but it automatically lowers the bike 3/4 of an inch in this mode . Great for in town but hinders curves a bit as pegs scrape sooner . So I often go to Sport mode options , and turn it all off one at a time in menu . This gives a better ride height , and disconnects the linked brakes so getting hard on the front brake does not upset the bike so much as the linked brakes did not know what to do when left on . It was good at slowing front end dive , but the bike was easy to upset at speed . If any mode is on normal but off road pro the Tiger will not wheelie even with a clutch dump @ high rpms . it gets an inch off the deck , and shuts down for a few seconds . Fueling on the Tiger is probably the best of any stock bike I've owned . Tianne's Tiger 900 GT is also very good fueling .
Your suspension ride height is electronically adjustable? Neat

I guess the S1000RR has electronically adjusted suspension too, it has some sort of "learning mode" where it will set itself up for various roads (rough, smooth, etc). The neighbor down the street told me about his..

BNW has really elevated their electronic gizmos. Most people are acquainted with the "just don't let the wheel stop spinning" electronics which I call the first generation. BMW says there is ESA (electronic suspension adjustment) the basically sets the settings on otherwise normal suspension. Basically, this involves a stepper motor that can adjust the compression, rebound, and preload based on algorithms established in a control unit. So when you select a dynamic mode for the power, the suspension settings are firmed up.

BMW has moved to level 2 electronics. The adjustments on the suspension are active, meaning it looks at travel and a few other parameters thousands of times a second and makes fine adjustments to keep the suspension stroking in its optimum range. There are a few manufacturers out there doing this, and I don't believe the suspension on the 1250 GS is active, it's only electronic.

I was researching this and how to retrofit it to my Ohlins (active) and came across this: GRIPONE E-SUSPENSION - Not sure I would do this but it's interesting. Seems all of this stuff would work best if it was talking to each other (TC, ABS, Active suspension) so I was hesitant to get into this.

So do you need this level of complexity on the street? I say no to active but ESA os awesome on the street. If you were a track junkie the smart suspension would be very useful.

PS: there was a second phase to my build on the Busa. It included 235 HP (all motor), TC, Wheelie, QS and maybe even this). I sort of lost interest after the frustration of dealing with vendors on the first phase as well as not having the time to spend in the garage. But who knows, maybe one day I'll get back on it.

Last edited:
BNW has really elevated their electronic gizmos. Most people are acquainted with the "just don't let the wheel stop spinning" electronics which I call the first generation. BMW says there is ESA (electronic suspension adjustment) the basically sets the settings on otherwise normal suspension. Basically, this involves a stepper motor that can adjust the compression, rebound, and preload based on algorithms established in a control unit. So when you select a dynamic mode for the power, the suspension settings are firmed up.

BMW has moved to level 2 electronics. The adjustments on the suspension are active, meaning it looks at travel and a few other parameters thousands of times a second and makes fine adjustments to keep the suspension stroking in its optimum range. There are a few manufacturers out there doing this, and I don't believe the suspension on the 1250 GS is active, it's only electronic.

I was researching this and how to retrofit it to my Ohlins (active) and came across this: GRIPONE E-SUSPENSION - Not sure I would do this but it's interesting. Seems all of this stuff would work best if it was talking to each other (TC, ABS, Active suspension) so I was hesitant to get into this.

So do you need this level of complexity on the street? I say no to active but ESA os awesome on the street. If you were a track junkie the smart suspension would be very useful.

PS: there was a second phase to my build on the Busa. It included 235 HP (all motor), TC, Wheelie, QS and maybe even this). I sort of lost interest after the frustration of dealing with vendors on the first phase as well as not having the time to spend in the garage. But who knows, maybe one day I'll get back on it.
I think the S1K suspension is an active one...apparently it does just like you described.

My buddy has the active suspension package on his new Mustang...

I tell you guys the WP suspension on the big tiger is amazing . On the fly I can alter its settings from the joy stick . I've ridden many well set up bikes with Ohlins , Penske , Traxxion , X, X and was always impressed , but this is next level . Its awesome not having to save up for OEM replacement suspension due to spring rates or lack of adjustment .

Adjustability on the fly must be great. The best suspended bike I’ve had was my lightweight L-Twin 03 999. The combination of Brembos and Ohlins was sweet once it was setup right. Was a very narrow bike too. The thump thump thump of the twin was sure different than the in lines I’d been riding but it was still a real hot rod, good for a few hours until my wrists starting screaming for me to stop! :laugh: Pretty bike though, with the same nose as a Busa.:firing:
866D278B-51AD-451C-83FB-8011EBF6FFEA.png
4F842E05-660C-4612-B26C-6ED1C1867B70.png

Back