Apple v. Samsung Verdict

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Apple prevailed on most of its claims against Samsung, and was awarded a little over $1 billion in damages. They will seek to triple that amount in post trial motions with the court because of a finding of willful infringement, although it is unlikely because already it is the largest award in patent infringement litigation. Apple is expected to immediately file for injunctive relief to stop Samsung from selling the infringing devices. It also appears that this may cause most Android manufacturers to change the look and operation of devices that are too similar to Apple's iPhone, for fear of losing similar claims. Of course, this all assumes that Samsung does not prevail on a likely appeal.

Here's the NY Times take on the jury's verdict: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/t...ecision-in-apple-samsung-patent-trial.html?hp

Yesterday was a great day to buy Apple and sell Samsung stocks :laugh:

and today its the opposite ... great day to buy samsung since its low and sell apple cause its high lol

I always thought that the android products were close in design and function to the I phone but thought it was more like the compact disc player or the walkman ...someone makes one then someone else makes it like they think it should be and its usually based on the former. Guess Samsung based too much on it. but every review I read on phones after the Iphone claiming to be "iphone killers" they just enhanced what the Iphone did and usually had a bigger screen.

It was driving innovation...now Apple can just work on offering up new colors with each release...

Hrmm that sounds familiar :whistle:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Well the guy that supposedly designed the android platform worked for apple and was forced off the board by Jobs. It only seems reasonable he would carry ideas to Samsung.

I just want an iPhone 5 :(

The Samsung UI looks very similar to the iPhone UI, with the galaxy 3 it was refined and personally I think it's better than the iPhone, both phones will have ups and downs!

Sent from my busa!

Back