Gulp! My Samsung S8 Overheating

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I bought a Samsung S8 Active earlier this year. It was sitting on the car seat today (no officers, I wasn't texting) and I look at it and the screen says phone overheating! I didn't know whether or not to through it out the window or not!

I figured Samsung was safe because after that Note thing the last phone in the world that was going to over-heat was a Samsung. I think there is a temp monitor in the phone now that shuts things down if it gets too hot. Seems ok now.......

Are those batteries removable? If so, take it out and lay it on a flat table. Give it a spin and if it spins freely on either side, the battery is bulging and on its way out.

If the battery is ok, chances are your processor is running high due to typical sammy bloatware or another rogue app. Go to your battery info in settings and see which apps are using the most juice. You can also keep track of specific usage with 'GSam Battery Monitor' and 'OS Monitor'.

Left that little detail out. Sunshine will do it.

Try to keep your battery below 40ºC/104ºF to keep it from dying prematurely.

On older phones, a lot of irregularities (high temps, shutting off despite full charge) can be caused by a dying battery. Check for bulging and replace with OEM or a reputable brand replacement (avoid cheap 'OEM' replacements on Amazon, eBay... if it's only ~$10 it's a good chance it's a crappy counterfeit).

Yes and Yes

Paul, holy moly have you been lurking here all this time? WOW, good seeing you my friend!

Remember this?

DSC03052.JPG

Hey Cap! And holy wow! 2003? That was before I had gray hair and back when my brain still worked.:poke:I miss that paint job, too. Stupid last-second lane changer that had to mess it all up. :(

I'm kind of lurking here and there now. Trying to get the bike up and running after leaving the tank full without gas treatment back on 2013 before I left back for Asia. Been too busy with the house to really sit down and look at it. Maybe this fall I can get it up and running again. Ran great when I last took it out four years ago, so I'm sure it's just a matter of cleaning up things, changing fluids and seals, etc. Oh, and a new battery... to keep this post relatively on-topic. :D

How are things up there? Still in the house you built? Was just a shell when I visited.

Hope to post here more often. :welcome:

Hey Cap! And holy wow! 2003? That was before I had gray hair and back when my brain still worked.:poke:I miss that paint job, too. Stupid last-second lane changer that had to mess it all up. :(

I'm kind of lurking here and there now. Trying to get the bike up and running after leaving the tank full without gas treatment back on 2013 before I left back for Asia. Been too busy with the house to really sit down and look at it. Maybe this fall I can get it up and running again. Ran great when I last took it out four years ago, so I'm sure it's just a matter of cleaning up things, changing fluids and seals, etc. Oh, and a new battery... to keep this post relatively on-topic. :D

How are things up there? Still in the house you built? Was just a shell when I visited.

Hope to post here more often. :welcome:

Things are good my friend, We moved into the house in 2003 and have been in for 14 years. I don't think I can count the number of org folks that have slept here, had a quick meal or just stopped by for a visit.

Just remember this, you were the first!

man it's good to see your name online and good to know your back in the USA. Thank you for all the work you did in the early years, your talents absolutely helped to launch this place....

Glad to finally be back! Maybe some time I can make a second visit. Time really flies! :beerchug:

oh yea mine overheats all the time wen I place it near the heat vent cause thats where the clip is. I jus hold it out the window where its freezing cold as usual and it cools down in a minute or so

Back