*AP* w*ef*lly *verpr**ed???

OB_Dennis D.

Registered
* ph**e *w* **z*k* Dealer* f*r a pr**e *he*k ** *he *AP* . . . $225 - $241!!! **mb**** wa* r*gh*. **bel*eveable. ** *h** par* made *** *f g*ld???

* prev****ly p***ed a req*e** f*r **f* ** *he *AP*, b** d*d *** re*e*ve a reply fr*m a*y **her member*. * w*ll a*k ***e aga**.

Wha* ** *he *pe* f*r *h** *e***r'* ***p** ra*ge ** *erm* *f a* ele**r**al **g*al ** *he E*M. * d*d a *r*de *e** *f my *AP* *he **her day w**h e*g**e r*****g. A* *dle (1150 rpm) ***p** ** 2.45V. A* fa** *dle
(~2500 rpm) mea**reme** ***rea*ed ** 2.60V,
**ly 150mv d*ffere**e. ** *h** **rmal?

* k**w *he *e***r ** w*rk**g a* p*ll**g *he va***m h**e *ff *a**ed *he e*g**e ** **all
*r r** EX*REMELY r**gh a* h*gher rpm. ***e re****e**ed, e*g**e aga** r*** "**rmal",
*ff *dle ***mble ***w**h**a*d**g.

Fa***ry *e* *P* *** h*gh, ** * adj***ed **
ba*k ** **m**al *pe*. D*d*'* really help ** ge* r*d *f *he ***mble . . . maybe a l***le be**er, b** *er*a**ly ***ll ev*de**.

D*d * hear r*gh*? **mb****, wh* appare**ly ha* *he *ame ***mble ** a ****k B**a, *a*d
pl*gg**g *he PA*R l**e **lved *he pr*blem.

**mme***, *p******, re**mme*da***** a*y**e?

AP is woefully overpriced?
Good luck with your off idle stumble.
I'm not sure if plugging the PAIR line will help or not.You did mention Numb Nuts quite a few times and the possibility that he had the same problem.Here is a hint: Ask in ENGLISH.He's one of them that really speaks the stuff.Later ;)
B21

[This message has been edited by BUSA00021 (edited 17 August 2000).]

{{{NOTE: My original post two nights ago was obviously unreadable. I reentered it and here is what it said.}}}

SUBJECT: IAPS woefully overpriced???

I phoned a few Suzuki Dealers for a price check on the IAPS . . . $225 - $241!!! Wow, Numbnuts was right. Unbelieveable. Is this part made out of gold???

I previously posted a request for info on the IAPS, but did not receive a reply from any other members. I will ask once again.

What is the spec for this sensor's output range in terms of an electrical signal to the ECM. I did a crude test of my IAPS the other day with engine running. At idle (1150 rpm) output is 2.45V. At fast idle
(~2500 rpm) measurement increased to 2.60V,
only 150mv difference. Is this normal?

I know the sensor is working as pulling the vacuum hose off caused the engine to stall
or run EXTREMELY rough at higher rpm. Once replaced, engine again runs "normal", off idle stumble notwithstanding.

Factory set TPS too high, so I adjusted it
back to recommended setting. Didn't really help get rid of the stumble . . . maybe a little better, but generally still evident.

Did I hear right? Numbnuts, who apparently had the same stumble in a Y2k Busa, said
plugging the PAIR line solved the problem.

comments, opinions, recommendations anyone?

'lantabusa, thanks for the reply. If the spec is 0.5 to 4.5V and ~2.5V at idle, then my '00 is probably okay at idle speed, since IAPS output is 2.45V. We are in agreement if an increase of 150mv at 2500rpm does not seem right. I did not test at any higher rpm, but plan to retest with air box flapper valve closed vs. open to see if this has any affect on the sensor's operation, which I think it should.

Just curious, has anyone else measured their sensor's output characteristics on a stock bike? It is easy to do. With the tank lifted, just strip off a little insulation from the center & outside (green) leads to the IAPS connector in the wiring harness. Then, hook up a digital multimeter to the bare leads to read DCV. Fire up the engine and simple measure the DC voltage on the meter. According the shop manual, it should measure ~2.50V at idle.

The question is, what should the IAPS read at slightly higher rpm? Particularly at the point where the engine might be inclined to stumble, in my case that point is most likely to be 1500 to 2000 rpm with throttle barely open.

[This message has been edited by Dennis D. (edited 19 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dennis D. (edited 19 August 2000).]

No need to strip the wires. use a couple of dress making pins and poke through the rubber seal. Attache multimeter leads with crocadille clips. Worked for me!! 2.45 at idle.

Really need to take it off, and test as in the manual with vaccuum gague and battery power supply

What do your plugs look like? NOT 1, all of em.

I'm wondering if your not barking wrong tree...

What is the spec for this sensor's output range in terms of an electrical signal to the ECM. I did a crude test of my IAPS the other day with engine running. At idle (1150 rpm) output is 2.45V. At fast idle (~2500 rpm) measurement increased to 2.60V, only 150mv difference. Is this normal?

Manual says greater than .5 less than 4.5 on pg. 8-2. Out of that will give error c13.
pg. 4-38 says approx. 2.5 volts at idle.
Seems to me that 150mv difference isn't right. Does it increase at 5K, 7K? How much?

[This message has been edited by 'lantabusa (edited 19 August 2000).]

Back