Anyone using a Pit Bull front stand like this I need info

macon454

181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09, AKA "C
Donating Member
Registered
If anyone is using a PitBull front stand like this could you tell me if there is any thing that I need to be cautious about or need to do before lifting the bike with it. I am going to be borrowing one from a friend of mine to do the forks on the Busa next week and just need to know if there is anything I need to watch out for or any places I need to be careful when lifting so I dont break any plastic. Thanks Shane

F0031-000LG.jpg

Just be careful to put something over the fender so you don't scratch it. Also Busa takes a #6 pin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Also besides putting something on fender just for safety sake. I took a couple pics to show you how you need to turn front wheel to gain some clearance to get the stand up in there. I didn't put any rag on fender so you could see just how tight it is once you get it in there. It is a nice tight fit any normal red blooded male would normally be looking for, except this one is while trying to put this Pitbull front stand under your busa. :laugh: Slightly turn the wheel and once you get the stand up in there you gotta finesse it a little bit to get the pin seated firmly, and after that any pressure lifts it easily up some and no clearance problems at all after that. And just use same finesse when removing stand as it is just as snug going in as coming out.

Once you get the stand there as sorta in place it will all make a lot more sense.
:thumbsup:

DSCN6608.jpg

DSCN6607.jpg

DSCN6609.jpg

DSCN6612.jpg

Actually just clicked you were doing forks, so if you just remove fender first you shouldn't have any problem. If not for doing the forks and if you don't have or are looking for a f stand this one I recommend, easy up and very sturdy. Way better than trying to get the forks to balance on the other under fork style stands.

DSCN6518.jpg

Also besides putting something on fender just for safety sake. I took a couple pics to show you how you need to turn front wheel to gain some clearance to get the stand up in there. I didn't put any rag on fender so you could see just how tight it is once you get it in there. It is a nice tight fit any normal red blooded male would normally be looking for, except this one is while trying to put this Pitbull front stand under your busa. :laugh: Slightly turn the wheel and once you get the stand up in there you gotta finesse it a little bit to get the pin seated firmly, and after that any pressure lifts it easily up some and no clearance problems at all after that. And just use same finesse when removing stand as it is just as snug going in as coming out.

Once you get the stand there as sorta in place it will all make a lot more sense.
:thumbsup:

Awesome thank you sir for the pics, I already have the regular PB front stand, So just going to borrow this stand from a buddy so we can do the forks, Thanks for the info and the pics I appreciate it very much:thumbsup:

Awesome thank you sir for the pics,

No problem, glad I could help. Because I know sometimes it is the simplest thing that can make you rack your brain trying to figure it out when the answer is right there under your nose.

No problem, glad I could help. Because I know sometimes it is the simplest thing that can make you rack your brain trying to figure it out when the answer is right there under your nose.

:laugh::thumbsup:

The right pin is the main issue. Some of them went out with the wrong one and it makes the whole task very difficult.

You probably already know, but just in case, hate to see a bike tip-over...you need to have the rear on it's stand before you lift the front. The front stands like that don't support the bike side to side.

then even on the rear stand it should wobble if messed with wouldn't it? i mean, if im wrenching on the forks, is the bike going to be wobbly up front? im interested in gettin this front stand but am still on the fence:whistle:

It's pretty stable on both stands. Yeah, you could probably push it over if you worked at it pretty hard, but it's sturdy enough if you're careful with it. It's not going to fall over just from turning a wrench on the bike. I use the same setup myself when working on my bikes, swing-arm stand in the back, front stand with pin in the front. It's the easiest way to get both wheels off the ground and still able to remove the forks.

As mentioned before, use a rear stand first, then the front is a snug fit but works very well. I have used mine several times with no issues if careful.

then even on the rear stand it should wobble if messed with wouldn't it? i mean, if im wrenching on the forks, is the bike going to be wobbly up front? im interested in gettin this front stand but am still on the fence:whistle:

It does wobble a bit, but you'd really need to go crazy to knock it over.

Like already stated, be sure to lift the rear first and just pay attention to the stand and proximity to your fender and nose cone as you hoist it up. It's pretty simple. Easier than getting a spooled stand under the rear by yourself.

Just be careful to put something over the fender so you don't scratch it. Also Busa takes a #6 pin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine works pretty easy, but to be safe I always put painters tape over the front fender and put my hand over the pin/(end stand section) before it goes in place, so it does not scratch up my radiator

I have this stand...it's brilliant! I have never had a problem scratching the fender, but I will warn you it's a bit fiddly getting the pin in the right position because of the tight fit and the angle./ After the first time it's a piece of cake. Make sure the rear stand is on first of course. You'll be surprised how rock steady the bike will be and how easy the front is raised.

You probably already know, but just in case, hate to see a bike tip-over...you need to have the rear on it's stand before you lift the front. The front stands like that don't support the bike side to side.

O yes, Always have the bike on the rear before using a front one:thumbsup:

Back