Anyone Tried the Cardo Pactalk Bold?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Seems like a pretty capable rival to the SENA 30K. Just wondering how good the voice command is?

Would rather listen to my motorcycle while I am riding ~ conversation and music can wait until I am done *

There is nothing better than a fast ride done to a sweet sound track. The guys I ride with regularly (only really one guy) only use the com to relay safety information, gas/bladder stops and such. There is the occasional trash talking but other than that it's all about great music.

There is nothing better than a fast ride done to a sweet sound track. The guys I ride with regularly (only really one guy) only use the com to relay safety information, gas/bladder stops and such. There is the occasional trash talking but other than that it's all about great music.

I've ridden 4wheelers with music, and liked it. I was even more relaxed, and riding faster, if that's even possible(ME, my skill level, whatever that is, hooligan).
I've been tempted to ride bikes with it too,
but, I can see it myself riding better, all the way to the spectacular crash, lol.

I currently use a Sena 10c and have put a deposit on the 10c Evo. I've never used any of the Pactalk bits but I've heard people say it's pretty comparable to Sena products. Reportedly, you can link the two brands together and talk. I do think Sena has a longer distance between devices.

I have tried Autocom, Starcom, many helmet com's and the SENA 10S, 20S, and 30K. The Packtalk Bold from Cardo simply out classes all of them on sound quality. Cardo's new "Bold" delivered powerful, full, accurate music when paired with my IEM's (in ear monitors). Simply astonishing this level of sound reproduction is available on a motorcycle at 70 mph.

I listen to 70's rock, Soul, R&B, some country, traditional jazz and some contemporary jazz. Basically anything where they play the instruments. For source material I use mp3 files, XM Radio and Pandora (with the HQ option) off the phone.

Some problems installing the Packtalk on the Neotec II. The clip is too long to fit on the helmet and I had to use the adhesive strip. Also, the IEM's (or earbuds) are attached into the speaker jack. This means you can use one or the other which is not a problem. But the wires dangling are.

As sloppy as the install is, the unit is very well built. It is a bit heavier than the SENA 30K and slightly thinner. Pairing and other functions are pretty standard, including the phone app. The big news here is the voice control which worked well and makes the unit a trouble free riding partner.

I'm a SENA guy, but well done Cardo. There's a new sheriff in town.

I currently use a Sena 10c and have put a deposit on the 10c Evo. I've never used any of the Pactalk bits but I've heard people say it's pretty comparable to Sena products. Reportedly, you can link the two brands together and talk. I do think Sena has a longer distance between devices.

I also have a 10C, and I have a 20S. I like the 10C's tag feature, but the battery life for the camera sucks! Fortunately you can run a power source to it while you use it. I usually run a small power bank from my inner jacket pocket. I didn't know about the 10C Evo, I'll have to check it out!

Back