Anyone riding from or through minnesota?

joetrailer

Registered
or possibly meet up along the way?

I plan to leave Wednesday early (like 4:am) from Minneapolis probably go through Chicago and stay the night in Indianapolis then run to Robbinsville first thing in the morning Thursday.

I am really good at deciding to do things on a moments notice. Like 3 days ago I hadn't been to this site (other than to read an occasional post that google directed me to) and now I am going a thousand miles to do something I didn't know about last week.. So my plans at this point as far as path and where to stay are written in sand.

Joe

dunno about that far north but lots coming from southern IL/IA areas, perhaps they will chime in for ya here

oh yeah :welcome:

:welcome: my first time to the bash too, but ive been here awhile. Pretty cool that your goin without much planning, should be a great road trip for ya

If your willing to make a slight detour and come through Terre Haute In, instead of Indianapolis. Me the wife and a fellow busa brother are leaving TH somewhere between 12-2pm on thursday. We are trailering if you wanna follow for company.

Forgot, From Chicago you will head straight down 63 and that runs right into 41 right in terre haute. Our route (because the dragon is closed) will be straight down 41 to nashville the across 40 to 75 then in madisonville, tn pick up another road that leads to the skyway into robbinsville

Welcome to the oRg should be a blast at the bash! Did this last year with the Mrs but can't get the time off from work this year... Looks like some members already have this covered keep us posted on your ride down/back and what its like for a first timer.

Forgot, From Chicago you will head straight down 63 and that runs right into 41 right in terre haute. Our route (because the dragon is closed) will be straight down 41 to nashville the across 40 to 75 then in madisonville, tn pick up another road that leads to the skyway into robbinsville

Looks like we're heading the same route...

When are y'all heading down?

Here's the route that I'm taking:

7801 W 110th St, Overland Park, KS 66210 to 290 E Main St, Robbinsville, NC 28771 - Google Maps

NM, I just saw that you're leaving on Thurs afternoon.

I'm heading out after work on Weds and driving all night...or as far as I can. I'd like to be there early on Thurs.

NM, I just saw that you're leaving on Thurs afternoon.

I'm heading out after work on Weds and driving all night...or as far as I can. I'd like to be there early on Thurs.

Me too but work won't let that happen. They are not to happy about the day and 1/2 off now

yeah, new plan... going to make a week of it leaving home Monday going to ... well here..

route..

Monday Hannibal, MO
Tuesday Nashville, TN
Wednesday Robbinsville, NC

I plan to leave each place about noon so I can get a little work done before taking off.. I haven't made reservations in Hannibal or Nashville yet but there are lots of places..

Oh, and Phillips has no rooms left :p However, I called San-Ran and got a room for $50/night and the guy was anxious to tell me they have other rooms open and would love to be full up :) and asked me to let people know.. So, done..

Joe

Last edited:
Oh, and Phillips has no rooms left :p However, I called San-Ran and got a room for $50/night and the guy was anxious to tell me they have other rooms open and would love to be full up :) and asked me to let people know.. So, done..

Joe

Call back and get a room at the Microtel if you can .... just ask VABusa about the SanRan :whistle:

yeah, new plan... going to make a week of it leaving home Monday going to ... well here..

route..

Monday Hannibal, MO
Tuesday Nashville, TN
Wednesday Robbinsville, NC

I plan to leave each place about noon so I can get a little work done before taking off.. I haven't made reservations in Hannibal or Nashville yet but there are lots of places..

Joe

Spontaneity....the spice of life! Way to go Joe! Looking forward to meeting you there! :beerchug:

Why, What's VaBusa got to say about the san-ran?? I have never been to the area so I hit google and there it was called up and reserved a room. VaBusa, Let me know if it is really bad.. I'd like to know now :)

Why, What's VaBusa got to say about the san-ran?? I have never been to the area so I hit google and there it was called up and reserved a room. VaBusa, Let me know if it is really bad.. I'd like to know now :)

trust me, there's a reason they are looking for occupants :whistle: See if you can get a room at the MicroTel, its more of a "proper" hotel.

:cheerleader: Made it!! Ended up leaving at 11PM on Monday so I went straight through to Nashville, TN. ended up adding 2 hours for missing a turn in Iowa :banghead: but at least I was on my Busa ;)

Back