Anyone Near Deal's Gap Or El Mirage?

Hi. I'm an English motorcycle journalist planning a trip across the States on a Busa, and Captain kindly said it would be ok if I put a shout out on the forum to see if I could meet up with any US owners.

The only two places I know I'll definitely be at on specific dates are Deal's Gap on June 1, and El Mirage on June 11/12 (I'm trying to sort it so I can do a run). If anyone fancies meeting up for a chat about the Busa, the general bike scene in the US, and how the hell you guys manage in a country with 55mph limits and those forward facing radar guns, please drop me a line.

Cheers

John Westlake

Lots of 65, 70, 75, 80mph speed limits, and some roads in certain states with no limits.
There's lots of long empty straight stretches nationwide too, so you can push it if you know where you are.
You'll enjoy the ride, and hopefully some folks here can show you some really good roads along the way.

If you find yourself along the coast of Virginia, I know a few Busa owners :)

We were just at Deal's Gap last week...great place to say you've been to, tons of other awesome places to visit too.

Ever been to the US before or is this the first time?

Thanks! All route ideas gratefully received. Rough direction is New York - Deals Gap - Birmingham - Houston - LA

I've been to most of the states, but I'm only familiar with Va and NC for riding.
For a much more scenic ride, and with much less traffic, stay away from I-95 as much as possible.
You can pick up 29 south, just south of DC in Virginia, off of 66, or head west on 66 to I-81 south.
I-81 will have much, much more traffic than 29 though.
29 is a much nicer ride, but 81 is more of a straight shot to the Gap.
Lots of options. Depending on time, what kind of riding, and what stops you want to make.
You can also get on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Northern Virginia, and ride that into North Carolina near the Gap.
That would be the best ride. Speed limit is only 45mph, but the park rangers always let bikes slide to the 60's.
Myself and many have had the lights flashed at us in the 70's, just as a warning to slow down.
Great knee dragging, and so are the veiws, highest elevation around 4000 feet.
Should be several of us along the way too if you need anything.

Back