Anyone lowered just the front ?

Warputer

Father of 4=Madness
Donating Member
Registered
If you have any pics ? Want to lower the Busa , but I want the top gun tail too . So if the undertail will rub , what about just lowering the front . Anyone done this ?

I think ya outa go for the 70's look.....

lower the front, and put some airshocks on the back!!
tounge.gif

Naw , put my last set of airshocks on the cage . Yeeeeehaaaaaaw !
biggrin.gif

I'm puttin the Top Gun on with dog bones in the middle (2") drop. No fat chicks right? The front sits 3 inches off the fender. No probs - F it if it rubs.

man i have been thinking about it --one inch lower in the front is like 1 inch higher in the rear only with a lower CG? i have had my eye on a black skeleton upper tree--heard good/bad about it- this thread is gonna cost me money im thinking
tounge.gif

Anytime the front end is lower than the rear, the steering and handling of the bike will change considerably.
The steering will be much quicker and the rear end will be much lighter in cornering and braking situations.
I would think too that you'll be 'riding the tank' a lot because your weight will be directed towards the front of the bike.
The 'sweet spot' for lowering the Busa is about 3/4 - 1" in the front and 1 1/2" in the back.

When I have my girl on my bike I raise it back up to the factory setting in the rear. Mean while the front is lowered. With the factory seat it was very uncomfortable due to me sliding around and forward in the seat. Normally I run the rear dropped to the middle of my dog bones I guess a 2 inch drop. It can not go any lower due to the swing arm as I rubs here at high speeds coming off of overpasses etc....

Back