Anyone know how to wire up an 04'

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
I just bought a 04' rt' side switch cluster. does any one know how to wire it to an 03'? Is a plug in, or does it need to be hard wired?? All I need is the Hazard switch.

This might not help but do some research and see if the euro version of the 03 has hazard lights. If it does it may be as simple as plug and go because most wiring looms are standard and different countries just use different options as required by their road laws.

If not you might have to wire in an aftermarket flasher unit (one from a car would do), sort out if the lights are -ve or +ve switched then splice into the left and right indicator line (often the front and rear are connected, if not you might need to wire to all 4 lights) making sure you use a 1amp power diode in each line to stop cross feed when you use the indicators normally.

I used to use a similar method to get indicators to flash on cars that wern't fitted with hazards when I used to install car alarms.

Hope thats some sort of help.

Cheers
Ross

40__s.gif

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093664611 -->

Yeah I am willing to bet that everything you will need is allready in place on the factory harness somewhere.
smile.gif

If you find out, please post the info here so we'll all know. I think I'd like to add this if it turns out to be fairly simple. I'm an idiot when it comes ti electrical stuff. so it would have to be simple for me to try it. I can (probably) plug into a wiring harness though.:D

Yeah I am willing to bet that everything you will need is allready in place on the factory harness somewhere.  
smile.gif
Yea it was a direct plug in, but it didn't work. The starter button and kill switch work fine but the hazard switch did nada. I guess I gotta get the multi-meter out for this one.

It goe's to show ya. It's never a bolt-on.

smile.gif
eccept a relay and/or flasher unit , unless it uses the sig flasher , check yer wiring schem , I'm guessing it may have its own flasher , as hazards are designed to run with the key in an' off....or .....Park position. You may need a different ignition as well. The idea behind hazards on a bike is to be able to leave them flashing,but still walk away with the key.

hope all that makes sense.....

hav a well lit 1.....RSD.

Hey rubber, just so you know, My 04 will not run the hazards with the key out of the ignition. Key has to be on for hazards to work, which kinda makes them pointless.

Hey rubber, just so you know, My 04 will not run the hazards with the key out of the ignition. Key has to be on for hazards to work, which kinda makes them pointless.
thats kinda goofy eh....

so if yer ride breaks down an' you wanna leave the hazards on , to make it more noticible at the side of the road , you have to leave the key in. Makes it tuff to walk away from, if yer needin' the pay phone up the road.

thx for the info.....I'll comit it to my brains hardrive, assuming it isn't already full , it is just a 1 gig...hehehe

hav a good 1....RSD.

Back