Neon Lights

Busapig

Registered
I ordered neon lights for the vent holes of my side fairings.

Does anyone have ant suggestions for mounting them??

Also, does anyone know where they should be wired into?? I was thinking about wiring thwem into a switch, and then directly into the battery (I think they will have too large a power draw to splice into running lights.)

Any help is appreciated--Pigz

Um, Seriously...  As soon as your Neons show up, Send them Back!  

WTF?

Yeah, I said send em back and get yourself some LEDS.  They come in just about any color you want and are much more durable (will last just about forever), draw allmost NO energy, and are small enough that you can incorporate them into just about any nook and cranny you could think of.  Check em out here///

Custom Dynamics

Also check out Glo-wire and they have some good LEDS here..

Glow-wire and Lazer LEDS.

Not telling you that there is anything wrong with Neon, I am just tossing the idea out there that some real alternatives exist that may out perform the Neon, and last longer.  They are also so damn small that you can mount them just about anyplace you can imagine, using some 3-M sticky foam tape, a couple zip ties or whatever.  Simple...

Just something to think about.

Rev

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083638439 -->

Cool stuff!
cool.gif

Revlis is absolutely right. I like the look of neon but, the life span sucks and you can't beat the dependability of LEDs. I put an inline fuse from the battery going to a remote control module with a relay, and then to my LEDs and strobes. Love it at the night shows! Looks bad azz!

Sorry Revlis, I can't justify sending the neons back, (I just want some accent, and the neon is alot cheaper) But anyhow, does anyone have any pictures of their Busa's with neons or led's on them, I need some mounting ideas, got the side panel off and was looking for mounting spots and having a bitch of a time-Any help appreciated--Pig
race.gif

<!--EDIT|Busapig
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083812340 -->

There is very little room in there for neon. A lot of heat and nowhere to hide. I went through a few sets of LEDs before I got mine right. Try to stay as far away from the exhaust and engine block as possible.

Check out Icemann's post or PM him about his light mods.

run the wires to the battery with an inline fuse. Go to advance auto or autozone and get a remote controlled switch about $20. Hit the key fob and the lights come on its trick!

Revlis is Right, get LED's also less power and all you can also go here as well. get hyper bright ones as well...

http://www.chevychevy.com/pages/Bulb_Page.htm

look near the middle/bottom part check those out....

NOW Revlis another question on this FROM ME!!! Neon or LED ones for the Sparkplugs??? or no they will take away from performace???

Also what about Bosch +4 Platinium plugs and those high tech 50 OHM Plug Wires???

Back