Anyone have experience with Caberg Helmets

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
http://www.classiccruiser.com/product.asp?item=400957

A local stealership has the Caberg helmets in stock, slightly less than I've found in the limited on-line shopping. The helmet is slightly heavier than my Scorpion 700, however, I absolutely love the built in shaded goggle/visor. Looks like a jet-figher pilot helmet, flip the internal dark-mirrored visor down and have protection from the sun, flip it and ride in night, all without touching the clear main visor. I actually was thinking, why doesnt someone make a helmet like this, and BAM, there it was the next day. Before I commit I wanted to see if there was a bad rep with the quality of them...Although I love the built-in sunglasses (and it felt as comfortable as my Scorpion in the showroom) I wont sacrifice my skull for it. The idea of not having to carry shades with me everytime I ride is nice.

Charlie

I have the flip-up version. You may find fit to be tight on the forehead and chin and the visor does not come down enough. I've only worn mine to test, but not ridden with it (seeing that I STILL haven't finished my bike... long off-topic rant).

At the time, I liked the helmet but not the fit and didn't want to bother with the return hassles. So I modified it with my trusty Dremel, reshaping the foam at the forehead and allowing more space at the chin. After that, I was able to fit it down more, so the visor covered my eyes.

Other than fitment, it's a great value for a helmet with an included fog shield and fully removable liner.

Narc, the model I fitted was perfect for my cranium. Actually thought I was wearing my own almost...other than I could feel a little more weight, and when I flipped the visor down and then the internal shades...well, I wanted it right then and there. Lucky for me they didnt have a black model, only the wild colored one, and a silver. Wife said I'm good for it. But, want to make sure its not something thats good from far, but far from good.

Buddy of mine bought one and he's thrilled with it...the dealer he purchased from did say that he may have trouble finding parts for it if something breaks, but honestly, if the helmet goes south, most just go buy another...he held off buying it because of what the dealer mentioned, but ended up going back and has no regrets...it's a nice looking helmet too...

beerchug.gif

VaBusa, thanks. I found that Classiccruiser, link above, also has "repair parts" like visor, and side plates etc... Guess I'll have to pick one up after Christmas.

I think its Schulbreth, the German company, makes a very nice one. My cousing has one. A little pricey but an awsome helmet. No shortcuts there at all.

Caberg very common in England and Germany , strong helmet and carring CE standart .

Back