anyone got a pic of the tobin? backrest?

lie2me

Registered
anybody?

I tried their site, but the pic doesn't work.  Trying to build one for my bike.  thX

icemann-4.jpg

<!--EDIT|lie2me
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129042713 -->

I don't think Tobin has a backrest. I believe you should checkout the Corbin seats for the backrest.

the one i found was not exactly what I was thinking about. Yes its a backrest, but I'm looking for somethin a little taller that will be in the small of the back for the passenger. Thx again.

Which backrest are you looking for ... passenger or pilot? Tobin makes pilot, Corbin makes passenger (which is the one I assumed you wanted).

Yep, thats it, the corbin passenger backrest. I'm trying to build one for my 12, the corbin is exactly what kind I was looking for.  With it being the only bike i have, I kinda gotta make accomodations for the wife.  Plan on buying an extra seat and making something like that.   I've got the grabrail already, I got a friend who is on point with welding. thank you for the help.

<!--EDIT|lie2me
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129053864 -->

Good luck trying to make one. The Corbin Seat is much thicker and has a hole at the rear. There is a post on the backrest that sticks in the the whole and is secured under the bottom......I don't think it would be easy to make from a stock seat. My advice is to buy a corbin seat and back rest.

They don't make them for a zx12...fabrication is the only route. The actual backrest since its sold separate from the seat is a viable option...and a huge time saver. I'll do some more research. I love the way that joker folds forward.

Thx

anybody?

I tried their site, but the pic doesn't work.  Trying to build one for my bike.  thX
eh Lie - was there something you saw that doesn't work on the Tobin website?? I put two of them together for Tobin (prior he had nothing other than word of mouth).  Sounds like you got the info you needed, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I put together a main page for search engines to find him, and also a picture thread so you could see all the stuff Tobin has done for the Hayabusa community.

Back