Anyone good with Rev Tech engines and primarys. Need a lil help

Itsxthexslim

Registered
Long story short. Have a leak in primary. Can't see myself where it's coming from. Was told by shop who supposedly fixed leak that it was drain plug then gaskets then crack. Still leaking it's behind primary close on frame. Don't want to take it back to that shop cuz they wanna charge me again to fix a problem they say they fixed 3 times already in 3 week span. Any help would be great. Btw it's a rev tech 100 engine/primary setup. It's a custom apc wild card240. On my avatar

Man, I have no idea what engine you are talking about, or what's a primary, but I've had some experience finding oil leaks, so I will chime in.

Seems that you have your suspicious areas. Clean everything real well so that all suspected areas are absolutely clean - spotless. Use WD40, paper towels, rugs - whatever. It has to look like new without any oil residue. Now you are ready...

Put the bike on the stand (if you are talking about bike), warm it up, and rev the heck out of it. Oil sips through under pressure. Oil pressure is created by RPM. Just idling is unlikely to produce a leak. So, keep doing it, and every minute or so check suspicious places with a flash light and/or big mirror (to look at the bottom). There is a good chance you will notice a drop of oil coming from somewhere.

Says your in NY.... there is a ton of shops in that area why not take it somewhere else ??? get on a rev tech forum or something like that and see who's closest to you. I don't know how much help you can get trouble shooting a leak on a rev tech engine from a busa forum?

I hope I am wrong but it sounds like your engine castings is cracked thats why the shop does not want to deal with you may be it could be the base gaskets on the cylinders thats a problem area on the v twins clean everything thoroughly and inspect the engine again there are lots of products on the market to detect leaks I think not sure but you can use baby power or something similar to detect the leak good luck :thumbsup:

Well it's probably one of the seals on the back of the cover, witch are hard to tell. As well as the primary is most likely not made by Rev Tech, both the cover as well as the primary need to checked to see if they are both straight, the chrome on the parts can be the problem. Its frustrating for sure, but its a Custom bike with it's own set of Custom Problems.

^^^ I agree

Custom choppers look cool but are not know for their reliability due to the parts used

Just need to find a shop that cares. Where you have been taking it is clear that they dont!
If i where closer, i would fix it for you!

Back