Anyone else have a significant other that rides?

My wife has her license and used to ride but sold her last bike, a Harley Sportster 883 because it was too top heavy and she didn't like riding it in town, even though she loved it out on the road. That was 7 years ago and try as I might I can't get her back on a bike. I always enjoyed riding together. We took some long trips but mostly it was fun evening or weekend rides to places we'd never been or split second decisions to ride 20-30 miles to get ice cream after supper or try a new restaurant.

My first motorcycle was an 883; hated how uncomfortable it was on the shortest of trips and that I couldn't even carry my wallet on it without spending a fortune on some fancy HD bag :whistle:

Bought my Busa, never looked back...tell her to get one! :D

883.JPG

^^^^ I have told her how great the Busa is and she swears she doesn't like sportbikes, although she's never ridden one, even as a passenger. I've tried to get her to at least test ride a 250 or 300 sportbike just to give it a try.

Oh well, one of these days she'll find one that strikes her fancy and she'll be ready to go again.

^^^^ I have told her how great the Busa is and she swears she doesn't like sportbikes, although she's never ridden one, even as a passenger. I've tried to get her to at least test ride a 250 or 300 sportbike just to give it a try.

Oh well, one of these days she'll find one that strikes her fancy and she'll be ready to go again.

I worried I'd miss my Harley and since it was my first bike, there were sentimental tugs at the old heart strings as the Busa came in to the shop and the yellow Harley sat neglected. Then I hopped on the Harley to move it, opted to ride it a few miles and I honestly could not stand it. I couldn't stop laughing at just how sluggish it felt, how much I kept thinking something was going to fall off. I'm not one to hate on HDs, so that's not what I'm trying to do now. My Dad was an avid HD fan and if I could get the bike he loved so dearly in my stable, I'd have it right now, but all I know is that I don't regret the move to the Busa... :thumbsup:

Back