Anyone else getting mail bombed by State Farm?

Highlander

Donating Member
Registered
I've been getting cards and letters from every State Farm agent within 75 miles of me. After seeing the good deals some of you have been getting from them, I called for a quote. You have to add at least one cage to get a deal. Full coverage, $500 deductable, for $519 a year. I was paying Foremost $550 for liability & comprehensive, but no collision.
I'm 53, 0 tickets, rural area. I pity what some of the younger folks are paying to ride the beast.
I watched a big new Harley tumble down a steep embankment last weekend, headlight over tail light, bouncing off boulders the size of a coffee table. It was either a total loss, or real close to it. Rider error, less than 10 mph in a hair pin. That pushed me to full coverage.
The rider parted ways, and tumbled down mostly dirt, and said he was o.k. It was his lucky day, jeans, t shirt, open face helmet!
So thanks for the constant ATGATT prods, road rash pictures, stories how it saved your hide, etc. It was the push I needed to buy and wear quality gear, all the time. THANKS!
Ride Well!

I've hear state farms is good for some.. I got a qoute that would beat my currnet geico policy by 1/2 but would have raised the mustang premium by 1/3...lol that din't make any sense to me since I have my home, cars and bike with geico in hawaii, but allstate in fl for my other cars...i still don't mind paying 2,100 a year just for the bike.. for full cov with 50k/100/50k... FTW.. no once said it was going to be cheap..
cool.gif

I've been getting cards and letters from every State Farm agent within 75 miles of me. After seeing the good deals some of you have been getting from them, I called for a quote. You have to add at least one cage to get a deal. Full coverage, $500 deductable, for $519 a year. I was paying Foremost $550 for liability & comprehensive, but no collision.
I'm 53, 0 tickets, rural area. I pity what some of the younger folks are paying to ride the beast.
I watched a big new Harley tumble down a steep embankment last weekend, headlight over tail light, bouncing off boulders the size of a coffee table. It was either a total loss, or real close to it. Rider error, less than 10 mph in a hair pin. That pushed me to full coverage.
The rider parted ways, and tumbled down mostly dirt, and said he was o.k. It was his lucky day, jeans, t shirt, open face helmet!
So thanks for the constant ATGATT prods, road rash pictures, stories how it saved your hide, etc. It was the push I needed to buy and wear quality gear, all the time. THANKS!
Ride Well!
i've had sf since 03, when, after gettin a nib gixxer1k, the ins co i had told me they couldn't insure the bike! (imagine that, out riding a $10k piece of machinery, and finding out it's suddenly NOT INSURED
wowold.gif
)
sf had required a cage be on the policy for a while, then dropped that requirement
thumb_up.gif

I went from $800 yr for lia. & comp, no collision, $250 deductable with Progressive to $460 yr for full coverage, $500 deductable with SF. Had to put the truck and house on too, truck went up $40 yr (liability, comp only, 14 yr old POS), house came down $200 yr. Only downside was had to go with $1000 deductable on the house, 5 yrs, no claim it would have paid for itself. Foolish me for thinking there would be anything related to that kind of luck in my world, lightning burnt my AC within a few months of changing the policy and I'm out $1000, but that's another rant.
Overall, State Farm is the only way to go for sport bike insurance in my book.
ThumbsUp.gif

i went from 1900 per year full coverage with progressive to 224 per year full coverage with state farm.  they didnt require me to have my cars on the policy either but after getting a quote for my navigator, ram, and lincoln ls I changed everything over to state farm.  Includng the house.  Progressive was sticking it up my
moon.gif
big time.

my_bike_4_001__Small_.jpg

I have full coverage on 06 Busa with State Farm.  Cost $25/month.  Car and truck with USAA,(no longer cover bikes).  State Farm didn't give me any grief about not putting other vehicles on policy. 48yr old male, few tickets

$1150. a year both bikes full coverage 500 deductable 05 Busa and 08 Harley Ultra Classic and they have had a couple of big payoffs on me but everthing I have is with them, House, Car,Truck, Bikes, Racecar Trailer, scooter, also a rider policy to cover me for other cars or Bikes I drive I do work on the side

Back