Anyone else experience jealous from others

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
I am not even sure why I am posting this but I got a jealous co-worker.

I managed 1/2 the day off today since I worked on my day off yesterday to finish a cam/lifter/headgasket on a Jeep Wrangler w/ a 4L inline 6.

Anyhow I dropped by my work after riding for 4 hours or so, one of my co-workers who BTW is no kid. I am 35 and he is 33 both of us are journey level mechanics and have been
twisting wrenches all our lives.

He comes up to me and tells me how he watched a show on the Discovery Channel about the Ducati 999R and said it was the fastest bike ever made including faster than the Hayabusa (used to have one) and my Gixxer 1K (which I was sitting on while I talked to him) I am like ..uh no that is not correct Cole. He got all pissy and says YEP! IT IS and walked away.

So he knows damn well I know my bikes as bikes are my main gig outside of work ...obviously he is jealous.

I cannot blame him but damn have some fcking tact.

Look, I aint rich, I sacrifice alot to have a nice bike...I wish people could realize that.

Anyone else experience jealousy from others because you have a nice bike?

it's not jealousy.. it's just a lack of any real knowledge on the subject..

I listen to old codgers talk about murdercycles fairly often.. they know I ride.. and they know I ride a "crotch rocket" (i hate the effin' name).

somebody always brings it up... and invariably their brother, cousin, sister, themselves... SOMEBODY had some cruiser back in the day that would bust 150mph..

just smile, nod, say "Ahhh, sounds nice" alot and move on.

I always get the "WOW, YOU ride that???" or "That's a big bike for girl"

mad.gif

I just say "Maybe for you" or some smart ass remark, then I usually walk or ride away. I hate a$$holes who seem to think it is too much bike just because I am female.

HELLLO!OOOOOO!OOOOO! folks! If I could handle riding/wrangling 1200lb racehorses, driving 18 wheelers and being a Deputy Sheriff, this bike is nothing...TRUST ME!

Men who make stupid comments like that probably just lack proportions in a certain area!
tounge.gif

You know....same guys who drive those jacked up to the sky trucks......they all have small willies, so they gotta put you down to make themselves feel better.

Ignore him......let him give himself high blood pressure!
biggrin.gif

Of course he is jelaous..
Everybody at my work saying that I`m drug dealer or Russian Mafia boss..
crazy.gif

You know...
"How he can do it? Nice house, Black Mercedes and now that crazy bike.... He MUST be doing something, you know...."

I do..... but it is not their fagging business.
smile.gif

If somebody said that they big ass redneck track going faster then my AMG.... well
My answer is .. Sure! of course it is....
devil.gif

999 faster then Busa? OK then... Let`s go find out... oops, I forgot you don`t have 999....

I've found that those set goals for themselves (owning a nice bike, car, house, or whatever), sometimes has a tendency to create jealous feelings with those that don't set goals for themselves and just live from day to day.
blush.gif
Unfortunately there's not much that can be done about that...

My suggestion is to just smile, practice this phrase until it rolls of your tongue effortlessly, "Yep, you're probably right!" And don't waste your time dealing with the green'ish people.
wink.gif

I don't get jealous people, though I sometimes get a small group of people hanging round my bike at the office. When I get on it to ride off there is some admiration there
biggrin.gif
(just kidding). Hope I don't fall off in front of them.

I listen to old codgers talk about murdercycles fairly often.. they know I ride.. and they know I ride a "crotch rocket" (i hate the effin' name).

somebody always brings it up... and invariably their brother, cousin, sister, themselves... SOMEBODY had some cruiser back in the day that would bust 150mph..

+1 Well said.

About +2000 on that "crotch rocket" line, gets under my skin too.

"Um, sorry it is a sportbike."

Or if it is an older person "Sorry, it is actually a Sport-touring motorcycle."

Unfortunately I hear it a lot from people on the base. Seems all of them ride hardley's. So when a young guy pulls up on his crotch rocket he is definately here to cause problems.

WTF ya know..if I hear it refered to a crotch rocket again by people I think I might snap. OMG I will have to roll iniative and break off magic missles on their butt.

I've found that those set goals for themselves (owning a nice bike, car, house, or whatever), sometimes has a tendency to create jealous feelings with those that don't set goals for themselves and just live from day to day.  
blush.gif
 Unfortunately there's not much that can be done about that...

My suggestion is to just smile, practice this phrase until it rolls of your tongue effortlessly, "Yep, you're probably right!"  And don't waste your time dealing with the green'ish people.  
wink.gif
I think you hit it on the head. Goals. Some people just don't get it, they have to set realistic goals. You can't think your going to own a F40 and the only place you want to work is at Arby's Roast Beef!!

I got it a lot on my last 2 jobs . My dispatcher on one job went so far as to say , " You know I've worked hard all my life and I've never owned anything new" . I knew they were referring to me > I say, " Well maybe its time to find another job ". I had nothing but problems from them after that and ended up going somewhere else.
On my last job I would be talking to one of the guys about mods I was doing or going to do and my superivor hears me and says, " How do you afford all that on what we pay you ? " . My reply is , " Well I don't have a bike payment or a truck payment since they are both paid for ". The problems started shortly after that. He had this new Dodge Hemi and you just got to know the payments were up there . They are called Work Place Pshychos . And they are on ever job. The ones with the Big Red Trucks .

The crotch rocket thing usually backfires with me. I one of the HD riders around here say's something about me having a crotch rocket I just ask when did they see my Hooter, in the restroom. If so why were they looking so hard (no pun intended) and tell them they should not admit to hanging around the urinal and looking at my male organ.

i could care less what people think.i work just as hard for my money as anyone else.its not my fault im better with my money than they are with theirs.if theyre jealous because i have something that they want well then na na na na boo boo lol.

The people with the crotch rocket line probably really admire that goofy bike built on that chopper show that had the 50 cal cartridges painted up like little missles all over the bike.

Only jealousy I get is from the guy I live with!
laugh.gif

Seriously, I don't get a lot of jealousy or anger about my riding...mostly good things...lots of inquiries about the bike, how I decided to get one, etc...then pretty much just respect. Guess I live and work around pretty cool people...
cool.gif

The ONLY time I get any negative feedback is when someone feels they should interject their opinion on riding when they don't even know anything about it or anything about me...yeah, strangers! Who gives a sh*t what a stranger thinks?
wink.gif

Only jealousy I get is from the guy I live with!
laugh.gif

Seriously, I don't get a lot of jealousy or anger about my riding...mostly good things...lots of inquiries about the bike, how I decided to get one, etc...then pretty much just respect. Guess I live and work around pretty cool people...
cool.gif

The ONLY time I get any negative feedback is when someone feels they should interject their opinion on riding when they don't even know anything about it or anything about me...yeah, strangers! Who gives a sh*t what a stranger thinks?
wink.gif
+1 Who cares what a stranger thinks?

What I've found is that the non riding public doesn't actually know what a Busa is:O ; that is, it's just another crotch rocket.

When they do know the question I get most often is "what made you decide to buy a Busa?"

cool.gif

cool.gif

well said.

I fave two buddies that have HD's. One is good about it, you know we all ride bikes. But the other guy is always telling me about this performance part or another. I asked him once, "are you asking me to race? And I thought I could shut him up y saying " the next High performance part should be a 600 suzuki"!!! But it just doesn't stop. These types just have NO CLUE!
cool.gif

I get the jealousy thing at work myself. This one guy tells me "you know its not gonna be that warm this summer". "You probably wont have much time to ride your bike". I'm thinking "HAHA......OK". Isnt that pathetic? The next time someone brings up the "crotchrocket" thing...just correct em like I do. This bike is a COUCHrocket. Its as comfortable as a Gold Wing and it will mop the foor with that black and chrome boat anchor you are riding.

<!--EDIT|CouchRocket
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130527154 -->

Back