Anybody ride with ear plugs on??

RX1Jim

Registered
My only recreation in the winter is riding snowmobiles. I like to ride 200 - 300 miles a day and have been riding with ear plugs to reduce the noise from the wind, track and exhaust. They make a big difference in being able to ride longer. This year I used them when riding the Busa and find they make a huge difference in how long I can ride in a day before feeling worn out. They cut down the wind noise so I can concentrate on riding.

I know some riders listen to music from their iPods but does anyone else ride with ear plugs?

Yes, I wear them and they nuetralize the wind and road noise 100%. Before using ear plugs my head would be ringing after a day of rideing. I used ear buds connected to my ipod but the ear buds always fall out shortly after putting my helmet on. I would like to find some nice wireless earbuds with background noise cancelling.

Yup Alpine ones with noise filters they cut down on wind noise and stop all the base being lost from my helmet speakers so all groovy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always ride with plugs in. Believe it or not, it allows you to hear your engine better and also assists with pattern recognition ie. ambulances, fire trucks, car horns, etc... There is a really awesome article about this if you do a search on the katriders forum.

I don't know how you could ride without them. I would be deaf by now.

I always ride with earplugs. Occasionally I'll ride with noise-isolating earbuds if I'm listening to tunes with one of my helmets, but there's always something in my ears.

Most of the time if I want tunes I grab my RF1100 with a Thumper speaker system in it. I still wear earplugs, but I can have some music too.

Interestingly enough, I found that wearing earplugs makes me a MUCH better and more relaxed rider.

I always ride with my ear plugs! I got some custom made at the Chicago International Motorcycle show a few years back! Well worth the money!

Piggybacking this post - I ride with a scala intercom unit thingy that I hook my iPhone up to so I can listen to music but I can also talk to my partner when he's out with me on his bike. The unit links up to flat speakers which sit in my lid... has anyone got experience of wearing earplugs with something like this?

I'm not sure I'd be able to hear my music/partner (might not be such a bad thing on the later point, hehe), especially as I have a 50% and 40% loss in my left and right ears respectively.

Piggybacking this post - I ride with a scala intercom unit thingy that I hook my iPhone up to so I can listen to music but I can also talk to my partner when he's out with me on his bike. The unit links up to flat speakers which sit in my lid... has anyone got experience of wearing earplugs with something like this?

I'm not sure I'd be able to hear my music/partner (might not be such a bad thing on the later point, hehe), especially as I have a 50% and 40% loss in my left and right ears respectively.

I have an Autocom system - speakers in the lid...

Autocom is designed to be worn with earplugs :thumbsup:

Back