Any riders in the Ft Belvoir area.

lilarmyguy77

Registered
I will be moving there soon was wondering if anyone new of good places to ride up there. Herd traffic is a ***** up there. Well see ya soon on the road .:beerchug:

I am pretty close to Ft Belvoir and have worked at NVESD. Are you active duty or civilian?

Traffic can be horrible at weekday rush hours *and* I95 is awful all weekend after about 9:30 in the morning, but it's not all bad. Within a 30 minute drive, you can be headed into some seriously wonderful riding. Gotta watch your speeds because of many cops and suburban drivers, but this is a great area for motorcycling. Lots and lots of great country roads if you head southwest through northwest. DC is just a skip up the road if you want city cruising.

I'm in Burke, VA. PM me and we can connect. When are you coming out here?

Also some riding bros trying to get together down at Quantico which is only 20 minute south from you.

Yeah since its warming up I think we should have a meet and greet, I got a road here that s like a mini dragon lol what's going on Kay..... hows things up in ur neck of the woods?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah since its warming up I think we should have a meet and greet, I got a road here that s like a mini dragon lol what's going on Kay..... hows things up in ur neck of the woods?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mini Dragon? Sorry, not if it's the one I'm thinking about, but it is a great road, just too many cops around, especially on the end near Quantico by the church. I got stuck behind some big box truck and was looking for a way to pass when the good part of the road ended. And yes, that's where the speed trap was. I have never been so grateful to be stuck behind a truck!!! :rofl:

Getting together would be great. Where were you guys this weekend? :whistle:

Mini Dragon? Sorry, not if it's the one I'm thinking about, but it is a great road, just too many cops around, especially on the end near Quantico by the church. I got stuck behind some big box truck and was looking for a way to pass when the good part of the road ended. And yes, that's where the speed trap was. I have never been so grateful to be stuck behind a truck!!! :rofl:

Getting together would be great. Where were you guys this weekend? :whistle:

lol it's about the curviest road around our neck of the woods that i know of:banghead: unless you ride out 218 to colonial beach, but yeah you got to watch out for the black and whites down that. about this weekend:whistle: i was wondering the same about everyone else. got slated for the Code pink protest to provide security so that the old no bra wearing feminest could throught trash at us and say free bradley manning.

got slated for the Code pink protest to provide security so that the old no bra wearing feminest could throught trash at us and say free bradley manning.
Manning? Didn't you guys already shoot him? Oh yeah, the army has him. LOL!

(my sincere apologies for dissing the Army. I have the utmost respect!)

Manning? Didn't you guys already shoot him? Oh yeah, the army has him. LOL!

(my sincere apologies for dissing the Army. I have the utmost respect!)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: unfortunatly he is here with us devil dogs. if he went to general population he would get shanked in a heart beat. even though there are bank robbers, wife beaters, rapest, etc.....there mostly still patriotic and he wouldn't have a chance.

Im active I should be up there sometime next month.
Excellent. Looking forward to discovering some new roads together! Plus, there is a very cool bar on the river you will never find unless someone shows it to you. I had to save it in my phone gps. :laugh:

Excellent. Looking forward to discovering some new roads together! Plus, there is a very cool bar on the river you will never find unless someone shows it to you. I had to save it in my phone gps. :laugh:

hey guys, I too just moved here from Cali. I'm in Gainesville VA and yeah you got to watch the cops around here. I rode Luray last month, nice but cold. I agree, we should all do a meet and greet, and I'd love to find this bar AJAY.:beerchug:

Back